Reducing wheel spin

andycupra

status subject to change
get the boost turned down to improve the power/torque ratio and hopefully end up with a car that is more usable and perhaps more reliable.

ultimately there is only so much grip from the tyres, most of the mods you have done will not help with traction, in some ways potentially slightly worse. (perhaps more controllable, but not more grip)

or move your seat back a notch or two..

PS, have they done any work on the trottle for stage 2? VAG cars have awful throttle set ups as standard so 80% of the movement is pointless. makes use of modded cars such as this difficult.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Nah r tech didn’t do any work on the throttle and my cars is very reliable I have not had any problems with it ( touch wood ) , and my car does actually but the power done when it’s bone dry just when it’s abit wet it is terrible Lol, how would my mods make the grip worse?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
More torque, which doesn't make the grip worse, but you are exceeding the available grip from the tyres. Maybe just apply some weather-related throttle control? Or get better wet tyres, and change them when it rains, like what they do in races.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I don’t floor it in the wet but even half throttle in gear 2 and 3 still spins when it hits the point at what the most torque is at , was just wondering what mods people done to help this , because anything over stage 2+ is ridiculous in my eyes

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Looking at your list of mods, lowering is of no use with respect to wheelspin, and in fact reduced compliance with road surface irregularities may well make things worse. Loss of traction is in almost all cases down to tyre choice. Stiffening up the engine mountings can help if you have a "hopping" problem.

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
You've done about as much as is reasonably possible with the exception of fitting an LSD. The only solution after that is buy an Evo/STi/something with Quattro/4motion/Xdrive etc.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I don’t think it’s the tyres muttley as I’ve got Michelin super sports on and there rated one of the best , and gordie I’ve been looking in 4 wd for this car as I think it was danGB on here and it looks like way to much work for me :cry:

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I don’t think it’s the tyres muttley as I’ve got Michelin super sports on and there rated one of the best , and gordie I’ve been looking in 4 wd for this car as I think it was danGB on here and it looks like way to much work for me :cry:

It really would be a lot of work, money and effort. The money spent would go towards a smart, fast AWD car.

I had an Evo VII and my wife had the mk2 TT 3.2 Quattro before the Cupra and even when the road is dry and warm, the difference between the Cupra and something AWD is night and day on anything other than a nice straight road. I like the Cupra and enjoy it (I've had it for over 5 years now) but I don't see any point in going past the 300-310 mark that it's at just now. That's just my opinion though. If we all thought the same, it would be a very boring place.

The LSD should make a big difference if you get it installed. I had a JDM 1993 Civic hatch which I dropped a supercharged Type-R lump into along with the gearbox. If it hadn't been for the LSD, I simply would not have been able to get the power down in any meaningful way.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise