Door card removal guide...done in 2 minutes!

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
hi guys i am told that for best results i need to take the inner panel off, but its easy to smash the glass doing this.

any tips for removing it? does it come off clean or are there bits that hang around connecting it to the outer door?

better to do glass up or down?

ta!

ps. when i drill (?) the speakers out, whats best to fix them back in with, nut & bolt & washers?

card.jpg

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Bolts around the edges, undo these, and you need to disconnect the window motor, which is just above the speaker. Unclip all the wires too.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i just fitted my jl comps into my 07 plate ibiza without takin out my inner door (i just used dynamat extreme to hold the bolts there for when i screwed into them... just use your imagination and u can get things done easy... oh and dont put the drill too close to the wires!!! need a new electric windows fuse now lol oops! (at least the windows were up!)

Last edited:

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
ok i cant get the panel off, do i need do remove the 3 silver torx screws from around the motor?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
no idea i have never needed to take off the inner door panel but i have had to squeeze my hand behind it the first time i ever installed my own speakers but i have more sence and experience now :D

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
im considering just using some spray on dynamat for that particular space, and leaving the insides intact

Nosmo

young man - that was probably one of the fit young spanish totty working on the production line saving their precious hand strength for all the more entertaining chores :worship:

BWHAHAHAHA, that was so funny! :funk:

Nosmo

A bit of knowledge please.... anyone....?

spray on? get the sticky black and silver stuff.. lol ;)

RichieRich, Im a new owner. I need to remove the piece of crap Head unit and Install my Rockford, could you perhaps advise...? Is this difficult, do I need special tools...etc. etc.

bobbyibiza53

hi people. you lot seem to have taken all the door cards off.
i have a 2003 seat ibiza 1.2 and want to change all the tweeters and speakers. could somebody maybe be able to tell me the size of the speakers in the back and front. so when i can remove them i will have the correct speakers and will change them. any help much appreciated
many thanks bobby

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
RichieRich, Im a new owner. I need to remove the piece of crap Head unit and Install my Rockford, could you perhaps advise...? Is this difficult, do I need special tools...etc. etc.

umm no its easy get some cd player removal tools and its a 1 min job :) i can be more pacific if u want me to... or if u want pull the cubby hole thing under neither out then pull hard to bend the clips out lol trouble gettin it back in this way...

Last edited:

bobbyibiza53

hi yes thanks very much for that. and that 165mm for back speakers aswell as front???
thanks bobby

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
www.bebo.com
hi bobby yes mate rear aswell :) door cards come off vertually the same to.. if u get some sound proofing and either stick the clips that the crews go into behind the screw holes its really easy but if ur useing wood ones its even easier or u could cut the flared metal to use the clips correctly to choice is yours :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise