**floppy wiper blades **

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
**floppy aero wiper blades ** SOLVED

well sort of - you'll get my drift

had 1st set arrive in today after badgering the poor sod for months and seems to be sorted in a fashion

got the list off him as these are from another dealer/manufacturer than my 1st priority but thought in the name of SCN i'd give it a go to see what the crack was and read along to see a few vehicles listed that i knew of and could confirm that they did indeed have the same style loop end as the Ibiza

problem 1 - size listed as 600/400 as a pair - well as my ibiza had 460/540 i ordered em anyway thinking a greater drivers would improve the clean area my side anyway and worse scenario could trim it anyway

got the kit in (77 11 236 179 - Renault part no) and thought OOOH looks spot on - on closer inspection noticed that they are exactly like the late Aero blades but have a multiple lip normal blade underneath - would be nice if someone could get me a close up of the proper ones so i could compare but hey for £28 odd trade i didnt care anyway :p

ripped the old ones off and fitted em and had about 5/10 mm to spare between the blades so adjusted wiper arm a tad to compensate and looks fine without touching

only hassle at the moment is on full sweep they just touch the side moulding of the screen at the top on teh drivers side but i have decided to let em settle a bit then readjust rather than cutting but the end caps clip off to cut them anyway so Plan B will suffice if needs be

to evaluate

easy to fit - once you get your head round how they go on :p (pics help)
fits to std loop end arms so saves a ££££ on parts
not quite the full monty as thought but 90% and looks the dogs
work a HELL OF A LOT better than the original ones
marked up Bosch ;) so proper quality
£28 for the pair but then that was std trade price + should be no more than £32 retail

see the Pics and see what you think ?

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
available from all good renault dealers - if their is any :p

stock at factory to order as i have been waiting 3 months for em

still may go plan B and trim mine - ill update if i do

in the meantime i'll check sizes on LEON as well (mail me if anyone can measure) and i'll sort numbers for the LEON/TOLEDO kit

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Daz, I'll try and remember to nick a Nissan wiper blade book tomorrow, which has the sizes for all manufacturer's blades.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I have a wiper blade application book, so if anyone wants to know what size blades they have without cracking out the tape measure, give me a shout.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
DPJ said:
My Leon is 530/470 if that's any help. I'm interested.

mine were 540/460 originally

new ones are 600/400 so look a bit strange at first being shorter but means drivers side gets a full clean area

should be just the job - just note as above may need a tweak to keep em seperate or a slice off the ends but nowt too hard just do it OFF the car ;)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
was in halfrauds tonight and saw 21/19 equivilent bosch aeros, were for polo 1.9sdi etc, couldnt see exactly how they were to fit, any ideas if they are similar?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
get us a pic if you can - be wary as some have wots is STD aero fittings which wont fit ours without the matching arms mind

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cordobabrendy said:
they just seemed to have a 2-3 mm hole through the centre

thats the standard original fit version - sorry :(

let me know if you cant get renault ones - ill see if i can sort some out ????

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i went in today and the smart arse behind the desk sent me away empty handed. he 'guarenteed' me that although he had no picture, the part number above would be regular wiper blades

anychance someone could tell me wot model they are from...a scenic?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Fl@pper said:
thats the standard original fit version - sorry :(

let me know if you cant get renault ones - ill see if i can sort some out ????
not having any luck fella, do you still have any left, or sources for them?
btw that gearbag is a pain in the arse, i still cant get that tower off....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise