MK4 Exhausts

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
Since my bracket was cut i have had no rattles at all.

I think the problem was more noticeable when more than 1 person sits in the car, obviously the weight lowers the exhaust which then hits the oversized bracket and then rattles.
Uprated exhaust mounts may be useful but until mine starts rattling again i should be ok.....hopefully.

G!zmond0

Can you tell me why are you always talking for the petrol bizzas?Don't you know that the 1.9 tdi cupra will smash them like bugs?Mine is 200 bhp. 400nm. on 800 kg. - you do the math.Do you think that the FR have a chance ?:p
Can you share some ideas for the exhaust for DIESEL bizza ?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Can you tell me why are you always talking for the petrol bizzas?Don't you know that the 1.9 tdi cupra will smash them like bugs?Mine is 200 bhp. 400nm. on 800 kg. - you do the math.Do you think that the FR have a chance ?:p

Of course it is mate, So you managed to shed not far off half a ton of weight to get it down to 800kilos. what was that leaving the spare wheel and seats out, i think not. maybe you need to review the maths,;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Since my bracket was cut i have had no rattles at all.

I think the problem was more noticeable when more than 1 person sits in the car, obviously the weight lowers the exhaust which then hits the oversized bracket and then rattles.
Uprated exhaust mounts may be useful but until mine starts rattling again i should be ok.....hopefully.

bracket, what bracket, min does this with 3 plus people in the car,

shed some light sir

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
bracket, what bracket, min does this with 3 plus people in the car,

shed some light sir

Ant,

After my exhaust was fitted i posted the below which is on page 3 of this thread:

I had my Milltek fitted by Vagtech last week and the difference is very noticeable, well worth the money.
I went for the FR 1.8T version and there are couple of things i would like to warn people of before they do the same thing:

The Rattle:
I had a rattling noise which when i took it back to Vagtech turned out to be because the way the tail pipe section sat, it was knocking against a bracket which holds the brake fluid line. I'm guessing that the extended exhaust system from Milltek would have avoided this problem.
I'm not sure if the bracket on my car was wrong as on the other drivers side it was smaller and a different shape but unless Vagtech hadn't "adapted" the bracket (30 mins work free of charge which they didn't have to do because I asked them to order the 1.8T FR version) thanks John, the only other thing to do would have been to move the tail pipe section back to compensate for this. If you read further you will see why that was not an option...

The Tailpipe:
As Ant FR said, the length of the Cupra bumper is different to the FR bumper which means that the tailpipe now sits flush on mine. (Moving the tailpipe section back to compensate for the rattle above would have made it sit stupidly too far back).
When Vagtech said that the whole system extends when warm (just as Big Boys Toys did to Ant FR) i was a bit dubious but when they showed me I saw they were obviously right, it extends about an inch which then makes it sit alot better. To the point where i am happy to leave it like it.

Conclusion:
So really if you have a Cupra and want to get a Milltek system get the extended Cupra version otherwise like some people have said, the FR one does fit and sounds great but you will have to put up with it sitting flush to the rear bumper until you start driving it for 10-15 mins and if your car is like mine there is that risk of it potentially knocking against the brake fluid line bracket and you might not have tuners as helpful as Vagtech who will sort it for you FOC!!

gazjones

running 800 kilos sounds pretty light but what is it like to drive everyday? bit windy i think without windows
a stage two ibiza fr weighting about 1200kg with about 230 bhp equals about 200 per ton i dont think it would blow a petrol away mate, this is also a thread about exhuast and info people have got from fitting them, and note the only difference between the tdi system and the 20vt system is the down pipe!!!! so really the info is for both petrol and tdi!

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple D

Errrrm yeah ok mate, go away, we only like factual stuff on this forum!!!! Dont come on here boasting and slagging off other cars thank you please :p

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Of course it is mate, So you managed to shed not far off half a ton of weight to get it down to 800kilos. what was that leaving the spare wheel and seats out, i think not. maybe you need to review the maths,;)

although thinking about it, i could lose half a ton off my cars rolling eight if i let DIFT drive it instead of me:lol:

gazjones

we know the cupra tdi is 160 bhp mine was orginally 149bhp or 150 ps but what you getting at, please dont fill this useful sticky thread with junk thats non exhuast related

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Except mine was originally 160 bhp funny guy
:ban: and no its not 800 kilos that would be nigh on impossible on a mk4, unless you have carbon fibre bonnet, roof, persepx windows, no dash, no air con, lightened alloys custome wings, also if you were so worried about weight to get to 800 kils in the first place then you would have a front mount side exit exhaust fitted just behind the drivers wheel, not a shop bought one,

So don't believe you unless you can prove otherwise with pics.

most of the mk4 forum is about TDi's now with most people owning them over the petrol, so do a search and stop baiting people.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
in the end i found a really good deal on a Fr exhaust so i took it it only cost me £70 altogether (inc fitting) it sounds good louder tho as i only have the back box on and it was worth it! its a bit of a head turner :D

Andy5224

I own a 1.2 2005 ibiza and i'm thinking of sorting myself out with a new exhaust.

Exhausts UK is local to me but im not conivnced about their qaulity.

I was wondering what you lot thought would be my best option and prices etc.

Thanks in advance...

i was wondering exactly the same thing...
if you find anything let me know too

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
query

Ive got a pre-facelift ibiza 1.2 and i'm wanting to fit a new exhaust. i dont want a full sysytem maybe just a backbox. I'm wanting the exhaust tip to look like the one on the cupra if possible. Any suggestions and price estimations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
I now know which bracket is rubbing on the exhaust. Can any one post up a pic of the back suspension and i'll try to point it out.

Mine didn't need cutting, the exhaust was slightly twisted when it was put on. Now it sits better and sticks out more, and now you can see it say milltek sport on the top of the tip.

mattcogg1981

Dec 21, 2006
Burnham on sea, Somerset
What performance exhausts are out there for the 2.0 S as the only one I can find is a magnex exhaust rrp 329 for the system. The back box is £190 on it's own! Any decent exhaust dealers in the South West not had much luck so far?

Matt

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise