Leon Cupra Tyre Pressures With Vredestein's

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
Evening all,

I have a 2002 Leon Cupra 180T

This morning I had two front tyres replaced with Vrederstein Ultracs 225 45 17 W XL.

The Vrederstein site suggests the pressures should be 3.1 bar front and 3.3 bar rear.

I have just parted with conti 3 sport for which I maintained Seat advised pressures unladen.

I have e-mailed Vredersteins for confirmation and clarity as to where they have got their pressures from as it is a rather large increase

Thanks In Advance

Ian

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Whats worse:

Loss of traction at the front causing understeer with old tyres?
or
Losing traction at the back and spinning out because of the old tyres on the rear?

I'll let you decide but I know where I'd put my new tyres... ;)

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
i haveVrederstein Ultracs sessantas on mine but there 225/45/18 and on the vw site they say 35psi compared to vredersteins 48psi and mine run fine at 35 all round

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
i haveVrederstein Ultracs sessantas on mine but there 225/45/18 and on the vw site they say 35psi compared to vredersteins 48psi and mine run fine at 35 all round

Thanks for your info, I have left them at the Seat Reco until Vredestein can maybe explain the 1,2 bar difference.

Are you happy with their wear as well as their grip levels, I had conti sport3 on previous and they only done 12k, previously to that I had conti 2 and they managed 25k.

Ian

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
Thanks for your info, I have left them at the Seat Reco until Vredestein can maybe explain the 1,2 bar difference.

Are you happy with their wear as well as their grip levels, I had conti sport3 on previous and they only done 12k, previously to that I had conti 2 and they managed 25k.

Ian

yeh they seem to grip well and last they say there in the same range as proxies but last a bit longer which to me would say dont grip aswell but they do.

they work well in the rain and if you go in a deep puddle feels strange as its like slappin on ye brakes as they grip

ive only got them on the front but will be gettin a set for the back soon.

youll have to let us know what reasons they give for pressure as the place i got them from say theyve always stuck with what the car says not Vredestein

but they do rate them as a tyre but it is there main brand.

and when i had mine done there was an m3 havin a set on so if they work on a m3 should be good for an lc

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks for the advice I will leave the new tyres on the front.

You can see the reasoning behind the sound advice?. I wouldn't brush it off so easily especially as it will not cost you a bean or very little to move the wheels about. With the weather still being as poor and cold as it is I personally wouldn't take the chance of not having them on the rear. It is your choice as always and seems you have made up your mind :)

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
You can see the reasoning behind the sound advice?. I wouldn't brush it off so easily especially as it will not cost you a bean or very little to move the wheels about. With the weather still being as poor and cold as it is I personally wouldn't take the chance of not having them on the rear. It is your choice as always and seems you have made up your mind :)

Hi and thanks for your input, I did not mean to all together dismiss the idea of swapping from front to rear.

I understand the point what was being made but without going into too much detail I use handling circuit test tracks daily as part of my job.

The rears i have on are Conti Sport Contact3 Y XL rated with 5 mm of tread max and min depth.

Very dissapointed with the above when they were on the front as I could only get 12k before hitting their wear blocks. Did get 25k from Conti Sport2s.

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
yeh they seem to grip well and last they say there in the same range as proxies but last a bit longer which to me would say dont grip aswell but they do.

they work well in the rain and if you go in a deep puddle feels strange as its like slappin on ye brakes as they grip

ive only got them on the front but will be gettin a set for the back soon.

youll have to let us know what reasons they give for pressure as the place i got them from say theyve always stuck with what the car says not Vredestein

but they do rate them as a tyre but it is there main brand.

and when i had mine done there was an m3 havin a set on so if they work on a m3 should be good for an lc

Soon as Vrederstein let me know I will post their reply with Vrederstein's permission of course or I will PM you.

Ian

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
Soon as Vrederstein let me know I will post their reply with Vrederstein's permission of course or I will PM you.

Ian

nice one they seem pritty good when i rang them before christmas still waiting for the rep to call back

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Hi and thanks for your input, I did not mean to all together dismiss the idea of swapping from front to rear.

I understand the point what was being made but without going into too much detail I use handling circuit test tracks daily as part of my job.

The rears i have on are Conti Sport Contact3 Y XL rated with 5 mm of tread max and min depth.

Very dissapointed with the above when they were on the front as I could only get 12k before hitting their wear blocks. Did get 25k from Conti Sport2s.

Fair enough I didn't mean to come across patronising. I'd rather seem that though then thinking of someone having a mishap with their car. I've seen a couple of peeps cars after some smashes, due to the rear unexpectingly steping out. You seem to know what your doing anyway so no more :lol:

Last edited:

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
My e-mail went to their Netherlands Technical Centre, quite interested in the reply I get.
I spoke with to their Welingboro UK HQ but they they only advise on tyre dealerships.

Ian

Omega1

Nov 7, 2004
Fair enough I didn't mean to come across patronising. I'd rather seem that though then thinking of someone having a mishap with their car. I've seen a couple of peeps cars after some smashes, due to the rear unexpectingly steping out. You seem to know what your doing anyway so no more :lol:

No worries but I think I was wrong for purchasing EBC Green Stuff Front pads, after an athletic drive from Gloucester to Bedford yesterday using mostly B roads loads of dust on the alloys.

Ian

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members