Seat Leon Help

DevonBoy

Hi all.

Back in august i bought a Seat Leon 1.8 20v SE (without the turbo)
i was looking for a cupra t or r but all i could find were dogs in crap condition.

I was just wondering if the 1.8 20V SE and 1.8 20v T 180bhp engines are exactly the same apart from the turbo.
I am looking into fitting my own turbo to the car but i dont want to if i need upgrade other parts aswell i.e brakes, suspension if they arnt up to coping with the extra power

Thanks

Danny

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
TBH mate, you'd probably be cheaper buying one with the Turbo factory fitted i.e an R or a T. Look on Pistonheads or in the for sale section here, I'm sure you'll find a cherished one!

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi all.

Back in august i bought a Seat Leon 1.8 20v SE (without the turbo)
i was looking for a cupra t or r but all i could find were dogs in crap condition.

I was just wondering if the 1.8 20V SE and 1.8 20v T 180bhp engines are exactly the same apart from the turbo.
I am looking into fitting my own turbo to the car but i dont want to if i need upgrade other parts aswell i.e brakes, suspension if they arnt up to coping with the extra power

Thanks

Danny

dont do it!, Sell yours and buy a T or R. If you attempt to whack a turbo on the SE engine, your gonna have to change the ECU also and then trying to get it run proper is gonna be a right nightmare. i think also the T & R engines have a tougher engine to cope with the turbo. As mentioned above be patient and a good one will come up.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
It's a big job. Turbocharging a naturally aspired engine will need multiple changes. All kinds of manifold swaps/adjsutments, ECU replacements, intercooler fitment, engine mounts will probably need to be changed to cope with more torque.. as would any suspension components found as standard.

You'd need to do a lot to turbocharge a 1.8 20v SE. Better off taking a Cupra R or T from someone selling. Don't forget you can part-ex your car.. check the value of the thing first and see what's what.

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
It's a big job. Turbocharging a naturally aspired engine will need multiple changes. All kinds of manifold swaps/adjsutments, ECU replacements, intercooler fitment, engine mounts will probably need to be changed to cope with more torque.. as would any suspension components found as standard.

You'd need to do a lot to turbocharge a 1.8 20v SE. Better off taking a Cupra R or T from someone selling. Don't forget you can part-ex your car.. check the value of the thing first and see what's what.

Id agree.......I guess essex boys are good for something.

lol