coolant temperature sensor

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Managed to log a few things (still not engine :() with my vag com earlier.

Came up with coolant temperature sensor intermittant fault.

After reading on here it might explain my poor running recently so hopefully the dealer has stock and I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Does anyone have a pic where the sensor is located + is this the right code for the new one, 059919501a??

Thanks

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
sorry mate but dont think that will reduce performance
theres another thread about this which i posted in

anyway the temp sender is inside the water bottle. ull see a plug on the side of the bottle? well that plugs into the sensor and a new one means a new bottle. not a big deal tbh prob wont be in stock as this is a 5 years old car, unless its a big parts dept

also is ur water temp gauge playing?? the sign of a faulty sensor is beeping and bad readings on the gauge??

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Don't think we're on about the same sensor mate, the pick below is the one I'm talking about. Common problem apparently and can cause the car to run rich. I should get the newer green sensor as opposed to the black one I currently have.

DSCN1122.jpg

flashbsd

thats the kiddy, you need a green plastic one, the old ones are black and prone to failiure.

its not the one in the bottle.

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
yeah i didn't think it was the bottle one after reading through some previous posts. Looks to be very common problem so I'm hoping the dealer will have stock. Might pick up a LCR front splitter while I'm down there ;)

Shame I couldn't log contoller 01 Engine to see what else might be wrong, need to order a decent VAG COM cable.

Turbo ZR

Ibiza Newbie
Jul 5, 2005
Cambs, UK
Mine came up with an error so i changed mine. Was £17 i think from my mate who works for VW Service department so trade price.

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer
JKing said:
my cable is serial not usb?

What was the exact fault you had, cooland temp sensor intermittant something or other??

Did you clear the fault with Vag com after you fitted the new sensor??

your cable will be serial and use a USB convertor I guess? Or do you have a serial port on your laptop?

I'll codes i was and still am getting are:

17536 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean
P1128 - 35-00 - -
01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor (G2)
30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent

I have cleared the code and reset the ECU. Temp sensor error comes back straight away, fuelling problem can take a bit longer.