ABS light

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Evening all, I fitted new discs and pads today but now the ABS light is on and it dont want to go off? I did unplug what i THINK was the ABS connection on one of the brakes but pluged it back in and now the light is on? Its been a long job coz of the rain and i have got a few cuts and a sore back! so any help with this would be very much appreciated. :confused: Thanks

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Nope, its the ABS. I will disconnect the battery in a bit and see if that will reset the light?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Light still on after battery disconnect? Nobody got any ideas?? I did have a search but didnt find anything.

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
My ABS problems that I've had in the past have all stemmed from a faultly/damaged sensor. If the sensor has failed then it will throw the abs light on. If the sensor has picked up some rubbish from you from changing the discs and pads then that won't help as it's a magnet that sends a signal from the toothed wheel that is near it. The other this that may be worth doing is cleaning the face that the sensor picks up as it gets covered in brake dust. lastly if you have reseambled it or knocked the sensor out of alignment so that it doesn't pick up the wheel or so that it rubs the wheel then you'll have a light all or which is worth checking in the dry.

Worth noting that if the light is on then the ABS doesn't function and you can easily lock the wheels

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
Mk4 Golf & Bora Haynes states ABS sensor to rotor (toothed wheel) clearance of 0,3mm, something else you can check.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
All sorted now! Think i needed to take it for a drive. I was Just checking the when the car was on my drive :redface:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise