No Leon Cupra demo car available at dealer

Hi folks

I’ve contacted my local SEAT dealer (Solihull) to ask for a test drive of a Leon ST Cupra this weekend, but got the response back that they don’t have a demo car and also can’t see many available in the ordering network up and down the country at the moment.

Is this normal? How do SEAT expect to sell cars if people can’t drive them? No way am I buying a car I haven’t driven. I’m going to test a few cars this weekend and the Cupra was on my list.

I don’t see many Cupras on the road at all, in fact I thought I’d be seeing them everywhere by now given the rave reviews, but I’m lucky if I see one a day, if that. Have they not actually been that popular?

Just trying to understand why I can’t drive one :(

Graham

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi folks

I’ve contacted my local SEAT dealer (Solihull) to ask for a test drive of a Leon ST Cupra this weekend, but got the response back that they don’t have a demo car and also can’t see many available in the ordering network up and down the country at the moment.

Is this normal? How do SEAT expect to sell cars if people can’t drive them? No way am I buying a car I haven’t driven. I’m going to test a few cars this weekend and the Cupra was on my list.

I don’t see many Cupras on the road at all, in fact I thought I’d be seeing them everywhere by now given the rave reviews, but I’m lucky if I see one a day, if that. Have they not actually been that popular?

Just trying to understand why I can’t drive one :(

Graham
probably due to the fact that the facelift model is due. People have had orders for Cupra's cancelled, and I believe the order book is closed at the moment, so there would be no point in a dealer having a demo of a model that you can no longer order. Be interesting to see what you would be told if you asked the dealer for a lead time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise