Tyre pressures - AGAIN

Thurman

Jan 28, 2008
I know this has been done to death but, I'm after a definitive answer, which i know is difficult on a public forum!!!

Just taken delivery of Ibiza Cupra wheels (mk4) on 205/40/17's. What pressures should these be running??

30psi Front and 28 Rear seems to have gained popularity on the search, I think the recommended 33psi + etc is a bit high.

Any thoughts?

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The closest you will find to a definitive answer is what it says inside the fuel filler cap :) If you want conjecture and opinion, read the inevitible replies.

Poverty

30 psi front and 28 rear for max grip. Higher for longer life and increased MPG.

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Are you talking Cupra diesel or petrol?? The heavy diesel should mean different pressures to the petrol.

205/40/17's are standard aren't they on the Cupra?? So, just go with what it says in the fuel cap.

Poverty

Your best bet is not to follow what SEAT say at all. Instead go on the tyre manufacturers site, put in your vehichle details and see what they say. For my GSD3's on a ibiza they said 30 front 28 rear.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I run about 34 psi all round as I do lots of motorway miles and don't need lots of grip for corners! Seems OK. Not much difference if your only talking a couple of psi though (32 compared to 34, 34 compared to 36 etc.)

Poverty

a friend was talking about filling with nitrogen, does this make any difference and worth the cost?

Not worth it for road cars. I know some hyper cars come with it stock, including the new GTR iirc.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
I can't say there is a definitive answer as it will depend on how you like your car to feel/the tyres (different brands, models, sizes). Personally I run 2.2bar all round and I like that, but I tend to have a boot full of crap. (Yep they are the pressures I ran at the pod)

Thurman

Jan 28, 2008
thanks for all the input guys - in currently running 31 at the front and 29 at the rear- seems to feel ok - only time will tell how it affects fule economy and tyre wear!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.