turboboy

Universal intercooler, the guide.

Dillon22

Jul 24, 2015
just outside Belfast.
Yea old cars are so much easier to work on lol, and not much only owned it a month then got rid of it because the price to insure them was far too dear (7k for me) mine was just ct9 full exhaust system with decat and hks dump valve and a cusco strut bar, I had plans for td04 but no point if the insurance was to dear, very quick cars though, how do you compare your ibiza to the glanza in terms of speed?:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Ah right I see yeah ct9 stock turbo was not bad with mods!! Wow that's pricey I had a great turbo ep82 when I was 20 and insurance was 1600 thought that was bad! Lol.. In all honesty my black glanza was 300bhp at 1.4 bar boost! Where you on Ukso forum?? And going from that to my boc I didn't notice much difference tbh I mean acceleration was bit quicker but I can't say it was mind blowing to the boc the dsg makes up for that and the modern tech! I wouldn't look back!! Don't get me wrong they are fun thow little go karts..

Dillon22

Jul 24, 2015
just outside Belfast.
Yea insurance is extortionate where I live, and 1600 is cheap to me lol! And 300 bhp I bet that was fun! and no I wasn't on it as a member just used it for info! Good forum though, and yea it's nice to be in something more and modern lol and the dsg is a big help in the box!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
FREE TO GOOD HOME

Brand new universal intercooler ( 65 x 185 x 550 ) with the correct 2.25" ports
Two right angle hoses
Two straight joint pieces
4 jubilee clips

Never got around to fitting them and car has now gone.

Must be collected from Preston ( Lancashire ) - will not post

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thinking about dropping one into my pre-facelift 1.6tdi sportrider soon, will the measurements be the same?

If so i'll take that IC and fitting off your hands if you've still got it dean0 ;)

cupra_conal has currently spoken for it but if he changes his mind I will give you a shout.

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
cupra_conal has currently spoken for it but if he changes his mind I will give you a shout.

No worries mate, complete newbie to the forum but I know this isn't the classifieds section so admin remove if I'm out of line but I'd wouldn't take it for nothing :), be a nice little road trip for me too from South Wales haha

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have the new Ibiza cupra 2016 1.8T, is that the same front? Same IC unit?
Does any one knows if the guide will be good to me? I know that my engine is the same as the POLO GTI 2015/2016 but what about the body? is it the same as CUPRA 2014/2015?

Does any one knows what is the OEM IC measurements? Currently I am at stage 1 with ~270HP (in the engine) and there are 2 units that stopped me from going higher, first one was the IC unit and the second was the turbo unit.
First I wanna approach the IC unit as it is more crucial for now.

Any Advises? I saw here height from 140mm to 200mm plus...
what are the cons and pros for going higher ?
What should I look in my searches for that IC unit? why do I see FMIC mostly ?

Thanks,
Asaf.

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Just bought myself one of these kits! Can't wait to get it fitted, get it done the same time as my milltek downpipe, should be a fun day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
My guess is that you will need to remove the retainer for bumper( the metal bridge) as it won't fit with it installed.

FrGrant22

Jul 25, 2016
Do you mean crash bar? if so a guy on this thread fitted a 280mm tall cooler up behind the bar, hopefully thats the plan or maybe its an option to bring the bar outward a few mill by creating spacer plates all depends on how much room the bumper needs.

Its only 59mm deep anyway its the width that could/will be troublesome.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
your specs-
Width at top - 730mm
Bottom - 840mm
Height - 420mm
Thickness - 50mm
Inlet / Outlet - 57mm
Core Size - 620mm x 420mm x 40mm

there are 2 different specs here, but anyway the core size is bigger then what should fit unless you will start cutting some plastics at the bottom + bring the bar forward.

Andrew Barker

May 27, 2018
hi, great how to. i have a question though, im about to buy a 1.4 t cupra or boc and intend to remap, could i use 50mm inlet/outlet as used to in my vaux days as they good for 300bhp, a couple of my astras i had running around the 290bhp mark. would it fit better with those inlet/outlets. or would the cutting be just the same. many thx from a seat newbie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise