Diesel remaps

deanodaf

Jan 6, 2013
Rathfriland
Anyone have any good experiences with custom remaps? I got a revo map on mine but I've done a few changes, so nows the time to get the best of of the car :)

Thinking of autotune in ballymena atm

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Don't hear many bad things about Autotune. I'm sure you can't go wrong with them

I have Revo on mine and anytime I do anything, I message Steven at Performance360 and he gets me a new tweeked map. £60 each time I get a tweek but I love the Revo map. You tell him your mods and he gets a map to suit I think

deanodaf

Jan 6, 2013
Rathfriland
Don't hear many bad things about Autotune. I'm sure you can't go wrong with them

I have Revo on mine and anytime I do anything, I message Steven at Performance360 and he gets me a new tweeked map. £60 each time I get a tweek but I love the Revo map. You tell him your mods and he gets a map to suit I think

Il need to give him a shout and see what he can do. I'm happy with how the cars going, but I put on a 150pd turbo intercooler bla bla bla and now want to get it faster

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I didn't have a 100% good experience with torquetronics in Ballymena but as to wether he was having a bad day or not is another thing, you'd need to check with others. The issues was he locked the keys in the car with the engine running for almost an hour. I never noticed him letting a mechanic who wasn't an employee of his try an use a screwdriver and a long wire to try an push the door open button which marked the plastic at the top of the B pillar and a few light scratches on the door handle lock buttons. He didn't knock anything off for wasting my fuel for an hour and letting a grease gorilla loose on my car but did essentially give me a free code/error reading which I could have done myself for nothing.

deanodaf

Jan 6, 2013
Rathfriland
Well I gave Stephen a shout. Informed me that him and Harry at performance 360 have parted. He is starting another place, he will let me know on Monday what revo can do with a stage 2 to suit pd150 turbo. :)

-herc-

Oct 6, 2008
N.ireland
I called autotune for a map and they were guts of £300 cheaper than performance 360!!!

Can anyone vouch for OBD work and what map is it... revo??

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I got a power run done on my leon at autotune. His method of removing it from the rollers was to stand of the brakes to jump it out of the rollers. He did it a fewe times and it didn't work so he pulled it out with the straps eventually. After this I noticed a wobble through the steering when braking. Coincident?

That's beside I do think they have a good customer attitude and are good at what they do from what I've heard. Again, I have to mention that I'm slightly confused by the popularity of torquetronics by people from north and south of Ireland coming to get work done by him given my less than perfect experience.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I called autotune for a map and they were guts of £300 cheaper than performance 360!!!

Can anyone vouch for OBD work and what map is it... revo??

Pretty sure Steven is the only Revo dealer in NI.

I have Revo on the Leon and it's great, but I have used OBD for some ECU recoding when my brother's mk3 Ibiza was messing about and the service was great from them, we're very helpful.

Have no experience of torquetronics, but my first impression is that they cater a bit more of the no smoke no poke culchie crowd?

-herc-

Oct 6, 2008
N.ireland
Hmmmm so pretty stuck on who to go with.

600noyrs for a revo or 280 for auto tune.

Said he'd get my fr tsi from 211 to 275bhp.

-herc-

Oct 6, 2008
N.ireland
Don't know what you mean. lol. Im out of this modifying game a long time now.

The facelift leon is 211bhp standard and the guys said they can get her up to 275bhp.

obv these numbers to me are like chinese but hey... it sounds good lol.

asilaydying1234

tfsi in yo' face
Jul 17, 2009
Banbridge, NI
I have a tfsi FR too and it has been remapped, mines sitting about 245/250ish. I can remember from researching before on taking it to stage 2 which was around the 270/280bhp mark that i was going to need, from memory, a high pressure fuel pump and the upgraded K04 turbo like you would find on the Cupra. Maybe something else too... a new downpipe perhaps...

Like you i'm not into it anywhere near as much as i was a few years back but i'm sure someone can confirm what i'm saying to be true or false. I just wouldn't want you going and getting it mapped "to the tits" and end up blowing your turbo or worse.

asilaydying1234

tfsi in yo' face
Jul 17, 2009
Banbridge, NI
Yeah its 197. I'm not sure what upgrades were made to your model compared to mine but as i said, hopefully someone who knows a bit more can clarify the matter. If it were me i wouldn't be doing anything until i was sure :)

deanodaf

Jan 6, 2013
Rathfriland
Revo don't have anything to suit the turbo, can go stage two to suit egr delete, but I know the turbo isn't. Holding it back now. Don't want to pay £60 just to take eml light off

Think autotune are at the top of my list ATM..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.