Scottish Vag Show

MattIbizaSport

Should be a good day out :D! Might drag the missus along, Better shout than the SCS at Ingilston

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
was out a coach trip yesterday with my customers, talking to the driver. says he has and old golf, with a rover v8 fitted to it. hopefully convinced him to bring it to this meet. not a seat, but i'd still like a swatch at it!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Are the ScottishVag meets still mostly populated by slammed/old school/stanced VW's?

Just my experience from SVAG meets - I went to a couple when my 2007 Leon Cupra was newish and Stage 2+ back in 2008 and nobody was interested. Same applied latterly with the 2010 car in 2011 after it was first tuned to Stage 2+,

Last edited:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Are the ScottishVag meets still mostly populated by slammed/old school/stanced VW's?

Just my experience from SVAG meets - I went to a couple when my 2007 Leon Cupra was newish and Stage 2+ back in 2008 and nobody was interested. Same applied latterly with the 2010 car in 2011 after it was first tuned to Stage 2+,

Still the same. If it's not falling apart or on air, no1 cares

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
I'm gonna go and have a look about, see what there is. Should be a good Wee day out. Won't be taking my car as it is now dead

Last edited:

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
conrod decided it didnt like being inside the engine anymore and shot out the side of the block with a bang, clatter, water, oil, smoke everywhere, a little bit of fire on the turbo and me stranded at the side of the road with my bottom lip quivering.

still trying to decide what to do, i want to fix it and keep it but not sure, any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
conrod decided it didnt like being inside the engine anymore and shot out the side of the block with a bang, clatter, water, oil, smoke everywhere, a little bit of fire on the turbo and me stranded at the side of the road with my bottom lip quivering.

still trying to decide what to do, i want to fix it and keep it but not sure, any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated

2nd hand bottom end and away you go.
Or spend out on rods and never worry about it again

bigwull

Oct 22, 2013
tyre, glasgow
Cheers Gary was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure, might have to strip it all out first and check there is no other damage done when the rod escaped

Does it have be a bam bottom end or are they all the Same?
What would be your rod of choice and which company would be best to buy from?

Should I start a new thread to deal with this? Lol

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Cheers Gary was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure, might have to strip it all out first and check there is no other damage done when the rod escaped

Does it have be a bam bottom end or are they all the Same?
What would be your rod of choice and which company would be best to buy from?

Should I start a new thread to deal with this? Lol

Probably best. Any bottom end with 20mm wrist pins would do.
Integrated Engineering for rods

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.