leon mk3 fr tdi exhaust

bladerider666

Apr 11, 2015
Northamptonshire
Hi everyone, i'm after a little advice....got my new car on friday (so happy with it) however i am trying to shine up the stock exhaust pipes (i want them to shine), so far i've used wire wool autosol and megs all metal polish and i'm not getting the results i want....is there anything out there to shine it up or is it a no go with what i am after??

Si FR

Jun 27, 2015
I gave mine a go today and had no look. The finish seems poor really, like they couldn't be bothered to coat it to make it look more appealing!

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Surprised to see that Autosol hasn't brought them up. I used that on mine and got them back to a mirror polished finish. I then sealed with Chemical Guys wheel guard. They've stayed clean and shiny ever since. Though I do spray Armorall shield for wheels over the tips after washing too.

You could bring out the big guns and try some 0000 wire wool:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberon-Steel-Wire-Wool-Ultra/dp/B00CDUG7PW

I took this in fading light but it shows that they do come up quite well IMO:

Last edited:

DrifterX27

Car Lord
Jan 18, 2015
I used a product called Optimum Metal Polish.

I had buffed my intake pipe for one of my cars to a nice shine using it. Sucks now though, as I have to order it online to get it in the UK.

Sihey MK3 FR

Nov 1, 2016
I used some of the Liberon steel wool as recommended by JMAC (cheers for the link), along with some Autoglym metal polish. Great results with some time and effort. Still need to do the left pipe and I think the right could use a bit more attention
IMG_5295.jpg

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
could make your work easier if you have a polishing cone or mothers powerball on a drill :) i do it once a month on my now to keep on top of it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise