Dpf & glow plug lights

Codemasta

Apr 18, 2017
First experience of a diesel so apologies if a stupid question. Had exhaust emissions and dpf light come on a few times but clears itself after a good run. They both came on again yesterday but last night the glow plug light came on and car went into limp mode. Any ideas what problem could be as dpf was on for less than a day when happened.

Cheers in advance

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Have you had the "fix" done? Unfortunately from what I've read on the VW Diesel Emissions Scandal Forum on Facebook, it sounds a lot like the symptoms associated with the new software. If you have had the software "fixed", Google the VW Emissions helpline and have a word with them - apparently they have said that they will fix any emissions related faults that occur within 2 years of the update being carried out.

Codemasta

Apr 18, 2017
Cheers Andrew, I remember when I bought the car he said he had something done with the emissions but not sure exactly what. Will dig out the paper work and check

ruud

Nov 9, 2016
I had this on mine last summer. Would go into limp mode randomly with glow plug light flashing.

A DPF clean with one of those mobile gunk guys worked for nearly a year, I also replaced the N75 valve and a couple of solenoids along the way. A few months ago it started again, but would go off just as quickly. Found the wiring loom connected to the N75 valve had gone causing a short - replaced that and seems to have cured it.

jasons76

May 9, 2016
I had this on mine last summer. Would go into limp mode randomly with glow plug light flashing.

A DPF clean with one of those mobile gunk guys worked for nearly a year, I also replaced the N75 valve and a couple of solenoids along the way. A few months ago it started again, but would go off just as quickly. Found the wiring loom connected to the N75 valve had gone causing a short - replaced that and seems to have cured it.

have you a picture of where the N75 valve is located as i have an intermittant cutting out/hesitation problem which i think is electrical related

ruud

Nov 9, 2016
have you a picture of where the N75 valve is located as i have an intermittant cutting out/hesitation problem which i think is electrical related

I don’t off hand but from memory you can change it fairly easily with removing the air hose and some other basic bits - it’s kind of at the front and low down. I also replaced a boost solenoid (which I originally thought was the N75), it has 3 hoses connected to it and a wiring loom clip which is where I was having the issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise