Biggest Wax Test Ever

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Ian.

as a breif for the wax test could you give us a personal opinion on the waxes that lasted the best / price and ease of use ?

might help us novice 'wannabe' detailers out ;)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
great test! :D

has made for interesting reading, good work!! [B)]

to give an indication of value for money, can you give prices of how much the waxes that lasted cost :shrug: (per pot / quantity)

Autoglym Hi Def
Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance
Nattys White & Blue
RaceGlaze 55
Swissvax Divine, Mystery, BoS and Concourso
Victoria Concours
Zymol Vintage and Glasur

Last edited:

stevei'D

Jul 22, 2008
Brilliant,

Thanks for this great test, its been a great help to me and I'm sure others on here. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated by myself. Now i'm off to order some wax, roll on a nice clear weekend!

Ta
Steve

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
great test! :D

has made for interesting reading, good work!! [B)]

to give an indication of value for money, can you give prices of how much the waxes that lasted cost :shrug: (per pot / quantity)

Autoglym Hi Def
Nattys White & Blue
RaceGlaze 55
Victoria Concours
Zymol Vintage and Glasur

AG HD - £25-30
Collinite 915 - £25
Nattys £15-£18
Raceglaze £55-60
SV Divine £1500, Mystery £335 , BoS and Concourso £135
Vic Concours - £20-25
Z Vintage £2500, Glasur £100

all prices are approximates. :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I am sorry to say I shall not be conducting any further reviews, the time is no longer available. Due to the amopunt of failures and the appearance of the horsebox there is also now a need to get it all stripped back and restored to its previous glory.

Thank you to everyone who has followed this, and I hope it has proved as useful to you, as it has to me.

;)..

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Its all about the nattys blue great value for money and great results.. love the poor boy range too.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Holy Thread revival Batman! :doh:

I'm surprised at some of the results, every-bodies favourite Colly failed and surprisingly the £8K Zymol Royal failed to finish, however the other Zymol products were still going. Having said that you do get a free refill for life. I am now even more temped to buy a solid wax, either HD Wax or one of the Collinite waxes.

Great test anyway. :thumbup:

Does anyone have a link to the sealant test on DW mentioned earlier in the thread?

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

oops, sorry, completely forgotten he finished it,lol :redface:. Oh well, seems that my £30 Vic Concours did as well as some a LOT more expensive stuff so well chuffed.

Great test

+1, very impressed with my wax, I always said it was one of the better ones:D

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
OK guys, time has pasted, we have seen one of the coldest and longest periods of weather since 1986, apparently.....

Review, 12th January 2009:

The last review was start of Nov, and today was a huge task just to wash the horsebox, I used over 175 litres!

Test orignally started 30th June 2008. Reviews took place at 26th July, 1st Spet, 8th Oct and 1st Nov 2008.

After 6 and 1/2 months, the following waxes are still protecting the paintwork:

Autoglym Hi Def
Nattys White & Blue
RaceGlaze 55
Victoria Concours
Zymol Vintage and Glasur

So there you have it, my final list of what lasted over six months in very extreme conditions too.

I am sorry to say I shall not be conducting any further reviews, the time is no longer available. Due to the amopunt of failures and the appearance of the horsebox there is also now a need to get it all stripped back and restored to its previous glory.

Thank you to everyone who has followed this, and I hope it has proved as useful to you, as it has to me.

Just found this thread, 2 years later,lol.

Thanks for conducting the test.

I'm pleased with the results as the first bit of detailing I did on my car back in 2006 was using Natty's Blue and do you know what I still have big tub of it left (shows I often I wax my car over the last 4 years) and its the wax is still looking in pristine condition, only cost around 10 quid at the time as well! Impressive.

Brooktop

What a fascinating read! A motoring editor recommended Autoglym HD wax to me after he had done a similar test. I bought some a few weeks ago and it is quite impressive.

Can I ask what's recommended to use inbetween waxes? As well as 'normal' car shampoo (is it better to get one without wax in?) I sometimes finish with Turtle Wax Ice Polish. I realise it's not offering much protection but at least it makes it shiny for a few days.

I also use PermaClear ProDryCare Waterless Wash & Wax which gives it a shine and protection.

I take it neither of these will diminish the protection of the HD wax?

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
AG HD - £25-30
Collinite 915 - £25
Nattys £15-£18
Raceglaze £55-60
SV Divine £1500, Mystery £335 , BoS and Concourso £135
Vic Concours - £20-25
Z Vintage £2500, Glasur £100

all prices are approximates. :)

i dont know if im reading it right, but is that £2500 for a wax ??:confused: does it apply itself ?? :p:p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members