Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Touch wood ours is still running well and was done about a year ago. Regen happens on average around every 250miles (sometimes less from shorter journeys) at about 21-23g of soot build up according to the VAG DPF App. As for fuel consumption we get about 550 miles from a tank.

Nick

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I must be really lucky with mine as I've never once noticed it doing a regen in the 100,000 miles I've driven in it.

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Can hear mine clear as day possibly due to lacking a silencer in the exhaust.....

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Can hear mine clear as day possibly due to lacking a silencer in the exhaust.....

You can't really hear mine but you can usually smell it and "feel" it - strangely I find the engine feels and responds better while the DPF is regenerating (apparently it's got something to do with the EGR system closing off while the DPF regenerates).

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Usually the smell and the raised revs at idle that are the sure sign for me.

I'm about a year on post 'fix' and about 10months post shark remap done quite a few miles.... all running ok at the moment touch wood. Regens happen around every 450-500 miles which I keep an eye on using VAGDPF app with my Carista dongle.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members