Wax for monsoon grey

Lee_car

Jul 4, 2016
Which wax would give good results on monsoon grey not looking at spending more than bout 50, will be putting on top of a tripple

Cheers lee

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
the closest i've come to that colour was on my old moorland grey astra, i had very good results with bouncers sherbert fizz, another wax that i like but just above your budget is ODK glamour i get great results on my black mk2, their sterling is good too and meets your budget! i think yo cant ignore poorboys nattys wax for £17 but i find it only lasts around 4-6 weeks and chemical guys petes 53 is good too and can be found under £30

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Try Soft99 Fusso dark light, around £20

if you're going for fusso dark probably more suitable to this colour than white... although dark its white! apparantly dark has a few fillers in it, and for all the debatables out there fusso is a sealant not a wax haha :cartman:

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
if you're going for fusso dark probably more suitable to this colour than white... although dark its white! apparantly dark has a few fillers in it, and for all the debatables out there fusso is a sealant not a wax haha :cartman:

Iv got a tin of the dark stuff, when I posted I thought they where called dark light and white light ...... but maybe not with out the tin in front of me . Didn't know it was a sealant either , but I'm sure it says sealant/wax in the ads

They do other products king of shine or summit like that , I believe there's a newer black one out aswell with better filling properties

More to the point you'd struggle to beat it at the price point and easy application.

Last edited:

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
This is Auto Finesse Tough Coat applied over Poorboys Black Hole glaze. I have tried various waxes and none seem to offer the reflections and slickness of a sealant on this colour. Nattys blue was the biggest waste of time of them all, minimal visible improvements and lasted around 2 weeks.

mt18w9.jpg

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Iv got a tin of the dark stuff, when I posted I thought they where called dark light and white light ...... but maybe not with out the tin in front of me . Didn't know it was a sealant either , but I'm sure it says sealant/wax in the ads

They do other products king of shine or summit like that , I believe there's a newer black one out aswell with better filling properties

More to the point you'd struggle to beat it at the price point and easy application.

aye with it been in japanese its not the easiest to read haha! ye there is king of gloss that over authentic is meant to be good or the new one kiwami is alright apparantly as you say though all are sub £30 so cant go wrong at all! just be careful buying the russian crap off ebay go to nippon shine or any other uk detailing websites as he supplies them all :)

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
This is Auto Finesse Tough Coat applied over Poorboys Black Hole glaze. I have tried various waxes and none seem to offer the reflections and slickness of a sealant on this colour. Nattys blue was the biggest waste of time of them all, minimal visible improvements and lasted around 2 weeks.

mt18w9.jpg

i've not tried blue only the pink one and as ou say durability isnt the best get around 4-6 weeks on properly prepped paint and didnt find the results too bad if im honest

this is mine wearing ODK glamour after a full correction and IPA wipe down

NS%20reflection_zpsaioqautn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Black2

Jan 27, 2016
Ive heard and seen good things from Auto finesse Essence which is also on budget, I personally have not used it, but I do use a lot of their products, I can vouch for their spirit wax and illusion wax - both are awesome!

Gareth.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Ive heard and seen good things from Auto finesse Essence which is also on budget, I personally have not used it, but I do use a lot of their products, I can vouch for their spirit wax and illusion wax - both are awesome!

Gareth.

i've got a pot of essense and its not bad but wouldnt say its worth its price there is a lot better stuff to use imo and i found durability wasnt the best only got 8-10 weeks out of it and thats with proper prep too

Black2

Jan 27, 2016
i've got a pot of essense and its not bad but wouldnt say its worth its price there is a lot better stuff to use imo and i found durability wasnt the best only got 8-10 weeks out of it and thats with proper prep too

Good insight, that is a little low for durability.

I've found on lighter cars, especially silver that toughcoat gives a very good finish, its quicker and easier to apply than a wax and also has good durability. Could be an alternative for the threads original query.

Gareth

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I would always recommend Nattys Black for dark coloured cars, never had any issues with durability and it gives an amazing finish.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.