Paint splatter

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Hi all,

Hoping somebody here can help. A couple of weeks ago my other half noticed some paint splatter on her car, clearly driven through something on the road. I have tried using nail polish remover and WD40 but neither seems to work particularly well. I can scrape the paint off using my nail but there are some stubborn areas which don't seem to budge (and my thumb nail is now sore!)

Any suggestions?! (for the paint, not my nail!)

IMG_2582_zpszqgmmulc.jpg

IMG_2581_zpsvx4rzuoa.jpg

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Tar and Glue remover? any from the usual makers, looks like tar from a road repair. Good luck.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Thanks, have ordered some from amazon. Didn't even cross my mind that it could be tar but it seems more likely than paint.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
as said above, try T&G remover first followed by clay bar.... failing that try thinners on an old MF cloth but make sure you wash it down straight after use so it doesnt have any effect on the clear coat :)

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Yeah I use Autoglym Tar remover which is good or tardis also good.

Clay bar also worth trying but might be a good follow up for the smaller marks possibly that one.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I feel your pain... gave my car a quick wash Saturday, was going out so didn't have time to try and fix it... but somehow I've got white paint over the bonnet, wings and roof. Going to try AG tar remover next week :(

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
I used some cheap tar remove3r from amazon that had good reviews. It wasn't as simple as spray on and wipe off, but it made the tar a bit easier to 'chip' off with my nail so got it all off after a bit of work.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Managed to get it all off (as far as I can see). Used AG tar remover... seemed to just dissolve it!