Really decent acrylic seleant

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I'd first like to say I'm not getting paid for this or is it sponsored in anyway. I'm genuinely recommending this product. I've been looking at products to help protect my metallic paint and I kept coming across this "Acrylic Seleant" called Blitz by a company called Chemical Guys. It's supposed to help keep the metallic shine to paint work so I ordered some.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001THNWMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's really easy to apply, the spray mechanism could be a little bit better. It actually smells like coconuts which is always a plus.

The results are fantastic, it's been on a week now and it's still very shiny after a week of salted winter roads. I also live quite far out of the city so my cars get dirty quickly.

Here are some pictures:

20161210_145228_zpsrglgossh.jpg

20161210_145219_zps04tx0bra.jpg

20161210_145205_zpsgletiwvw.jpg

20161210_145234_zpskv9amt9b.jpg

I wash my cars almost every weekend so I'll keep updating here to see how long this product lasts.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Nearly 5 months since I applied it and I've just done another application.

I absolutely love this product!

front%20edited_zpsqsxkzivp.jpg

20170422_173743_zpskydtvnzk.jpg

20170422_173735_zpsyroxrfhz.jpg

20170422_173717_zpsvlwpozkh.jpg

TopBanana

Mar 8, 2015
Durham City
Whats it like on beading and sheeting water, at present I'm using Gtechniq C2 v3 on top of CG White Light Hybrid which is holding up well but fancy a change.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Whats it like on beading and sheeting water, at present I'm using Gtechniq C2 v3 on top of CG White Light Hybrid which is holding up well but fancy a change.
I'll put a picture and video up on the weekend of me doing some water tests with it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Ok so after about 3 days since polishing and daily driving. It rained, so I figured I'd post this to demonstrate the beading:

20170427_084711_zpsqpedlzdv.jpg

20170427_084706_zpsmrnazzvd.jpg

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
That's just sealant without any wax. I wouldn't expect fantastic beading, correct me if I'm wrong.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
That's just sealant without any wax. I wouldn't expect fantastic beading, correct me if I'm wrong.

sealant is just as good as a wax in terms of beading..... i've got a feeling this isnt really a sealant as such but more like a glaze with a bit of protection in it i'll have a look at the product properly in a minute on CG's website :D

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Chemical Guys BLITZ is one step spray protectant for a high gloss shine on any painted finish. BLITZ is not a quick detail spray—its a full-strength sealant and wax combo in an easy-to-use spray formula! BLITZ is for the perfectionist on the go; not every car enthusiast has enough time to properly seal and protect their vehicle against the elements. Chemical Guys formulated BLITZ to quickly provide strong protection with brilliant gloss and shine in all types of weather. The innovative new formula sprays quickly for full body protection in just minutes. The hybrid synthetic and natural wax spray is perfect for adding extra protection and shine after a wash. Use BLITZ to protect your vehicle from pollution, sun damage, fading, water spots, stains, bugs, tree sap, industrial fallout, brake dust, rail dust, and more! Use BLITZ on any vehicle. Detailers regularly detail their customers’ cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and anything that rolls on wheels with BLITZ. Refined gloss enhancers and pure white carnauba wax add intense shine to all colors and paint types: red, white, black, blue, silver, green, single-stage, and clear coat finishes. Properly-sealed cars stay cleaner for longer, and cars treated with BLITZ repel dust and dirt to stay clean for weeks between washes. Pick up a bottle of Chemical Guys BLITZ, and simply spray on a coat of strong protection with brilliant glossy shine on any paint color.

reading that i was expenting a lot better beading from it tbf, if you're after a spay on product to enhance the paints finish and add some protection try sonax BSD http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...ior-cleaning/car-detailer/?549992160&&cc5_761

with the discount code it ends up around £8 and thats with free delivery + 250ml more product

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
I recently did a thorough clean, polish and seal job, clay bar, fine sanding out scratches and then a machine polish. I finished off with Wolfgang WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant which seemed to have been getting some decent reviews on line. That seemed to give a really good finish and "medium" size beading. A top coat of Zymol Titanium gave a slightly deeper shine and substantially larger beading.

Must do a few more post so I can get links to the pictures up on line !

Cheers, Snark

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.