Sachs uprated clutch kit part number

borntodj

Hi, does anyone know the part number(s) for the Sachs uprated clutch kit for the PD150 engine? I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find any part codes.

Thanks
Danny

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Sachs have an excellent reputation for their product and customer service. If anyone ever has any problems with the clutch just contact Competition Braking Products and they will quickly solve the problem. Organic is better then sintered to use on the road as it has a much more progressive feel to it when engaging gears so is a lot easier to use in traffic but sintered holds more torque plus sintered plates will eat the face of the flywheel.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
what is the best option to go for then i want pretty much oem feel, not to wait ages for biting point or too harsh etc ,

i am tempted to go down the hybrid route , but been informed its unreliable ???

so for now tho i am looking at getting a good clutch that will hold the torque on a remapp im planning to get and possible hybrid too

cheers for input

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
What`s unreliable about fitting a hybrid turbo to a PD diesel? Sachs do a organic clutch rated at about 400 lb which should be good for road use.

phoned AMd , thats their words , i thought it would be a stronger turbo ,

so an organic would be good for athe hybrid route then

can you list the exact parts required to change the kit , (everything i need to change)

cheers guys

Last edited:

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
The hybrid turbos themselfs are more reliable they have 360° thrusts for a start, unless they meant the engine?

I fitted my Sachs organic friction plate and uprated spring plate a few weeks ago. It is heavier than the OEM, but it has to be to have a stronger clamping force. The biting point is a little higher too but only takes a few miles to get used to. As for the bite itself, it is sharper than the OEM as the friction plate doesnt have a damping springs built but doesnt make a huge amount of difference.

If you get the clutch don't forget a new release bearing and some hydraulic fluid.

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
I left the original flywheel as I had no juddering from the origional clutch. I ran the std clutch with a cc phase 1 for around 3 months, there was a some slippage, but I tried to keep it to a minimum so was expecting some small marking of the flywheel.

When I eventually got the box off I found 3 small wear areas as can be seen in the pic

3114265256_8cf890000f.jpg

but they havn't affected the performance of the clutch :D

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I'm on the verge of replacing my clutch with the Jabba Sachs option with the single mass flywheel (the car has done 70k miles on a Revo map, 40k with a high friction "allards" plate and some considerable judder from standing in 1st gear only - not under any other loads through the gears though) but I am concerned at the potential downsides of the SMF vs DMF.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I'm on the verge of replacing my clutch with the Jabba Sachs option with the single mass flywheel (the car has done 70k miles on a Revo map, 40k with a high friction "allards" plate and some considerable judder from standing in 1st gear only - not under any other loads through the gears though) but I am concerned at the potential downsides of the SMF vs DMF.

Do you know if you bought an organic or sinthered drive disc as a sinthered disc will coarse judder in first gear as it`s a very on/off type of clutch.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
i too am confused with SMF or DMF , sintered or organic , i dont wana spend the £££ to find i had the wrong one , and replace it again months down the line ,

i have the cash there waiting but it only slips under lower rpm full load , so for the time being i have learnt to smothly put my foot down rather than splant it from go

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.