Mintys Slammed, stickerbombed 1.6 LCR (2012 UPDATE, NEW WHEELS, STANCED AND STRIPPED)

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
Hello mate! Lovely motor! I saw it a couple of days ago fixing a phoneline in Netherfield! Was it you i passed coming out the gate? Love the sticker bombing, might have to give it a go myself!

haha probally my line didnt have any phone or internet over the weekend, yeah that would of been me then what time was that. where do you live cos i keep seeing a black leon go past? and yeah give it a go, i warn you though it is pretty addictive:thumbup:

Are u gona sticker bomb any thing else on the outside

mite do the wind deflectors when i get some. and when i can afford so nice splits id like to do the lip on them

caino_123

can you remeber which website you that jr induction from i can seem to find a single one for a leon online :\

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
getting a rubbing noise when turning tight corners at very slow speeds and is worst when on a slope. mines lowered on ap coilovers with standerd droplinks and arb. need some help to stop the rubbing? has anyone else had this problem? how did you cure it?

thanks

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
sounds silly, but check its not your arch liner that could have come loose rubbing against your wheel on full lock, happened to me! :)

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
thanks my fault i didnt explain properly nah its definatly the driveshaft as its more of a grinding noise and the arb has a bit of wear on it from this. just need a recommendation on whether there is actually any adjustable droplinks that work on a standard arb or if i need to get an uprated one and what one?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
oh right I see, well I know you can get adjustable drop links for this problem, think its quite common. I'm sure someone will know if they fit OEM ARBs or not. or call a VAG tuner to ask?!

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
Little bit of an update as i havent been on here in ages

So recently ive

removed the rear adjusters on the coilies
removed the rear seats and spare wheel
sprayed the rear S badge black
re stickered the rear window (havent got any pics of that at the moment)
red wheel bolts
new sony headunit
3000k hids
new cambelt, water pump and new cat, flexi pipe as i caught to many speedbumps with them.
re bombed the front splitter
oh yeah and the new number plate:D

DSC_0341.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

1311811453_resized.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

1311811258_resized.jpg

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
i would prefer some splits or rota grids but dont have the dosh wouldnt say changing them would be 100% better though. tbh your the first person thats ever said they dont like them but everyone has there own opinon and i might change them for you soon

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
i love it mate, really a fan of the bombing, i had some bits done in the engine bay but i swapped them out after a while... just didnt feel them on my car.

i really want an LCR bumper, but their so expensive! :(

and your in the same boat as me with the rs6 reps... i loved them at first now i want something with dish ;)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Page 114 in PVW this month... Well done mate ;) looks great.

I'd say Porsche twists look good on the Leon, but then I'm biased.