TFSI Engine Comparison

MartinCupra85

Nov 29, 2017
Evening Ladies and Gents,

New here... Anyway I currently drive a seat Leon sport 2.0 TFSI with a stage 1 remap...

And recently just bought this 57 plate Cupra.. however the Cupra engine doesn’t sound quite right to me.. Here is two videos to compare. Any input much appreciated..

I’m taking it back to the garage tomorrow where I got it from as there are a number of issues that were meant to have been sorted which have not.

Ok, so I’m not allowed to post URL’s GRRRRR!!

Anyway I’m aware of how they are generally noisy from the direct injection, however this is nothing compared to mine. The two videos on YouTube are titled, “Cupra TFSI” and “TFSI Running” If you filter to show uploads today, or sort by upload date.

Darbo

May 24, 2015
Honestly I don't think my 57 plate fr is as noisy as either of them but the cupra sounds awful, could be any of the usual suspects, the chain tensioner and the l cam follower would both make it sound bad.
However, if that's from cold then consider resetting the ecu, mine was done recently because I had a new turbo fitted and the lumpy cold idle is a thing of the past.

MartinCupra85

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for the reply, the first is just an old work horse with well over 100k on the clock so not too concerned about that! Back at the dealer today with the cupra as it’s just absolutely terrible this noise is when the car is warm, well.. even then the temp gauge only shows engine temp rising to 80° and only hits 90 when left idling a while. Along with the list of other issues they said they had sorted which have gone untouched!

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
Is the ECU throwing up a fault light?

It may be worth checking the oil filler cap is properly fitted. If this is loose, it will cause rough idling. I'm only suggesting this as it appears to be sitting at an odd angle in your video.

Darbo

May 24, 2015
Well the temp issue is your thermostat, it isn't reaching full temperature in motion because air passing through the rad is cooling it down, check your fan isn't coming on from cold too, if it is point your dealer at that as well, give him hell.

Ben huxtable

Apr 26, 2011
Cardiff
Evening Ladies and Gents,

New here... Anyway I currently drive a seat Leon sport 2.0 TFSI with a stage 1 remap...

And recently just bought this 57 plate Cupra.. however the Cupra engine doesn’t sound quite right to me.. Here is two videos to compare. Any input much appreciated..

I’m taking it back to the garage tomorrow where I got it from as there are a number of issues that were meant to have been sorted which have not.

Ok, so I’m not allowed to post URL’s GRRRRR!!

Anyway I’m aware of how they are generally noisy from the direct injection, however this is nothing compared to mine. The two videos on YouTube are titled, “Cupra TFSI” and “TFSI Running” If you filter to show uploads today, or sort by upload date.

Are you still looking to buy a car or have you purchased one ?

Saw your other post but couldn’t respond to it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.