SAI, N249 and N112 Removal Guide

con81

Jul 4, 2012
any one know if this will be the same for the BAM engine in my '04 LCR 225?

Last edited:

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I have done the mods in my holiday and its perfectly doable. Just make sure you have enough exta coolant lying around as well as a number of bolts of different diamter, to cap of things. Also order a spare coolant neck, beause the rubber ring inside will wear over time, making it leak coolant.

I also have an AUQ engine and the guide isnt that different. I forgot to unscrew the coolant cap before removing the CTS and got sprayed lol :) Dont make that same mistake! I also removed the brake booster, it seems the suction pump also fails quite often.

Its great to access the vacuum system without problem (less clutter), also the SAI pump is gone which helps performance a bit due to a lighter car (albeit a small enhancement hehe).

Read the guide a couple of times and just start, good luck!

sean0711

Jan 22, 2011
HI guys, my mate has a AUQ cupra and someone has attemted this mod befor and lashed the hell out of it, where can i get these 330 ohm 10W resistors as i cant seem to find them?
as im now trying to put it right for him!! dont you just love the easy jobs!

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Why can’t I open pics. Would help

Unfortunately the pics are long gone. One day photobucket stopped free hosting and billions of pics across the internet disappeared. As the original post is 8 years ago, I'm guessing it's that.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.