Engine cooling fans stopped working and abs and o2 sensor faults.

jhawkes

Jun 13, 2017
Hi I don't really have a lot of knowledge with cars and I am having a few problems with my 2006 Leon 1.6 petrol. I bought it in November 2016 and after the 3 months warranty was up the engine management light came on for o2 sensor...bank 1 sensor 1. I had both sensors replaced pre cat and post cat and had the fault cleared.

A day later the engine management light came back on and was showing a fault with the front o2 sensor again saying there was a fault with the sensor heater circuit. Haven't had this looked into again yet.

A week following this the abs light came on aswell as the traction control and tyre pressure. When scanned the fault was shown as a wheel speed sensor which was replaced, also had a rear bearing replaced aswell. The fault was cleared and all these lights came back on shortly after. Looking through the paperwork work from the previous owner, the abs control unit was replaced in 2008 so not sure if this is a common fault which has returned.

I now have the fault code p0480 showing up and both the engine cooling fans have stopped working and obviously the engine temp is reaching above 90 so I have ceased driving the car. The air conditioning is still working.

If anyone has any advice on the faults I would be grateful so that I have some understanding before presenting it to a garage.

Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.