Pre-facelift to facelift bumpers

Vedad1944

May 14, 2017
Hi everyone, my ('95)Ibiza currently has pre-facelift bumpers on, and they are in horrible condition, so I've got two options, replace them with another set of pre-facelifts, or grab a pair of facelifted ones.

I personally like the look of the facelift bumpers, and am searching high and low for them, and I found some for sale but they are from Cordobas ('97-'98).

So, can I replace pre-facelift Ibiza bumpers with facelift Cordoba bumpers (will it bolt straight on?), I want to avoid drilling if possible! :D

Thank you!

PS: I swear I searched for like an hour on the forums here, and on google, people only mention caddy/inca compatability.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The Ibiza (and Cordoba) pre- and post-facelift front wings are different, so I think you have to swap the wings too if you want to swap the bumpers. That was what we did on my son's old Ibiza. I do not know if there are similar issues at the back end, or if an Ibiza rear bumper will go on a Cordoba (or vice-versa).

Vedad1944

May 14, 2017
I have been searching high and low, found a Cordoba, but by the time i got there they sold them!
I didn't know these cars were that popular :D

So I went for a Polo 6n, the rear bumper would fit and look awesome (with a minor chop on the inner side), but the front end would need the wings too :/
Found a good condition front one from a pre-facelift Ibiza, but still looks lame. Now I'm wondering what other VW related front bumper would fit.
I remember measuring from the tip of the wing to the inner wheel arch and it was 400mm, on a Polo it is 340mm.
So I might need a bigger one, a MK3 golf maybe? (I doubt it would fit, but it would probably look awesome!)

Thanks for the input bete!