flip key info thread

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
u can't reuse the transponder (the little glass capsule) after its been coded to a key once...

this is what your dealer will put in new for you and code to your clocks....

or im having an auto electriction guy do it for me...

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
These new keys, do they come with a chip inside and is it this chip that is programmed to the car? Basically I have the remote key that came with my Ibiza but the spare is a non-remote one. Would my current remote one be useless if I was to get the flip-key?

what you do is get one of the vw flip keys, program it to unlock your car, get it cut, remove the immobilizer transponder from your non remote spare key and fit it in the flip key

then you have two remote keys one is the flipping one, the old non remote key will then not start the car but who cares

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
what you do is get one of the vw flip keys, program it to unlock your car, get it cut, remove the immobilizer transponder from your non remote spare key and fit it in the flip key

then you have two remote keys one is the flipping one, the old non remote key will then not start the car but who cares

Ok, I am majorly confused. My spare key is solid plastic :confused: Nothing to come out of it

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Ok, I am majorly confused. My spare key is solid plastic :confused: Nothing to come out of it

if you prise apart your non remote key you will find a white rubber thing inside,

remove that and under it is the little glass tube immobilizer transponder thingy

Last edited:

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
but what i am saying is that....

u won't get the key to starty your car unless the transponder has been paired to the car.

Once a transponder has been paired to a car u can't re pair it to a car....you have to get a new transponder....and then have it re paired...

any bought off ebay might not have new transponders in themm.....soe of them might be used...

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
you remove the old transponder glass tube out of your spare key and place inside the new remote part, if the new remote has the transponder in you jsut remove and throw away and stick your spare keys one instead, the only problem is if you haven't got a spare key to take the transponder chip out of ......

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
but what i am saying is that....

u won't get the key to starty your car unless the transponder has been paired to the car.

Once a transponder has been paired to a car u can't re pair it to a car....you have to get a new transponder....and then have it re paired...

any bought off ebay might not have new transponders in themm.....soe of them might be used...

the transponder from the original non remote key is already paired with the car and if removed and fitted to another (flip key) it will still work

the remote programing has nothing to do with the immobilizer transponder

trust me I've done this and it works and so do other peoples

the reason the transponder is taken from the non remote key is because re programing the transponder costs upwords of £80

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
but.....u are still grasping what im saying...

im wanting to give myself 2 FLIP KEYS and 2 SPARE KEYS

so therefore, i will keep my original key transponder in it....and will ket my spare key with its transponder..

i will buy 2 flip keys and will have these coded to the car....my local auto electrician will put a new transponder in and use his equiptment to pair my two new flip keys to my car......for about £60....

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
The guy i bought mine from Keymanuk99 certainly sends then with the immobiliser chips inside them. They are glued in and a bit of a pig to get out. Mine popped out using a small flathead screwdriver and is under the TV cabinet somewhere!

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
yeah they may be used or unused transponders...u just can't tell unfortuantly :D

I'm sure a used transponder can be "re-sync'd" to your car mate.

Will the three button keys work?

Or is it only the two button ones?

I know the boot button won't work as the kit isn't fitted to the car as std to pop it - unsure about the other 2 buttons though. I take it you have a 3 button key to hand, so many 2 button ones on ebay I take it you aren't going to buy a 3 button one instead?

If you've got one you can always check it by synching it to your central locking, don't need immob chip in it or blade cut to do this.

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Well i was told on good authority you can't re sync the transponder....

and when u code the key you need ALL of your keys with ya as well and they also do something with the clocks...

when i get my 2 new flip keys done i will tell you all what the guy does....

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
well got my key..... just have to get it cut and then code it...... old spare key had the immobiliser glued in as did the new one..... .bloody nightmare to get them out but got there eventually..... will update you once its done....

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
:doh: :lol:
just been to SEAT to order my key badge and they reckon that the order number posted on this thead dosen't exist, and the guy also said that you can't buy those badges from SEAT:censored:

myself and others on here have ordered the flip key logo badge as posted on here (1MO 837 891A ) and the stealers have said it's on back order so will take 7-10 days

I ordered mine on the phone and told the guy the part number and he confirmed the description as (seat badge)

well it's been about 4 days for me so I will keep you posted

BTW the 3rd digit of the part no could be the letter o or the number zero but TBH a good parts guy should pick up on that

Last edited:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
:wtf: is my dealer playing at, first all the trouble with my turbo and now there lying about parts the do and don't DO!! thats the exact number i gave them:censored: :censored: :censored: gits

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
did you get them to try o and zero ?

when I ordered mine I said I wasn't sure which it was and he said yeah Ive got it, it's a seat badge

so I,m still not sure but maybe someone will confirm