What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
I have to change the fascia as I am changing the head unit to this one and the current fascia wont fit with the front having its own fixings. So please can someone let me have a link to the alternate fascia?

21jxaaq.jpg

One more thing please. The nuts that clip on on push onto this hole at the side of the opening so you can screw the bolt in, what are they called or where can I get them from?

2vubx9v.jpg

Regards

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I have to change the fascia as I am changing the head unit to this one and the current fascia wont fit with the front having its own fixings. So please can someone let me have a link to the alternate fascia?

21jxaaq.jpg
For that XTRONS PB96MTVAPL stereo you will need the RNS satnav surround (part number 1P2858071A). It will just fit straight over the front of the stereo with no other adaptors required. There are different colours of part number 1P2858071A so make sure you get the right colour for your car. Maybe just exchange the fascia you already got from Dave with the 1P2858071A because he knows what colour you need.

One more thing please. The nuts that clip on on push onto this hole at the side of the opening so you can screw the bolt in, what are they called or where can I get them from?

2vubx9v.jpg
Looks like you're going to need some U type retaining clips like the ones in the link below. You will need to have a measure up to find out what size is going to be the most suitable...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=u+type+retaining+clips

Last edited:

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Your really helpful thanks. I'm already waiting for a response from Dave to see if he can supply that fascia but am struggling to find anyone online that supplies it incase he doesnt.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Your really helpful thanks. I'm already waiting for a response from Dave to see if he can supply that fascia but am struggling to find anyone online that supplies it incase he doesnt.

Dave will be able to get it for you. It's a standard VAG part.

These are the available colour variations:-

• Ona Silver -> Part Number 1P2858071A 47V
  • Brilliant Silver -> Part Number 1P2858071A N87
  • Galena Silver -> Part Number 1P2858071A GB1
  • Dark Grey -> Part Number 1P2858071A FJ2

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I don't know if this is helpful but looking at the dimensions of the unit above, by comparison my Philips is

178 x 101.5 x 160 mm (W x H x D)

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I just wish I knew which of the dark grey facia's I need to order. Dark grey or Galena, all I know is it's dark. lol

Car is a luna grey i that helps.

Fish

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I just wish I knew which of the dark grey facia's I need to order. Dark grey or Galena, all I know is it's dark. lol

Car is a luna grey i that helps.
Phone a dealer with your VIN and they will be able to tell you.

Dave at SERE Motors on here might still be able to do it for you but you need to ask quick because he's about to leave the company won't be around for much longer...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Thanks, just got off the phone with him ordering it up. The legend will be missed.

Fish

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I had a very good Philips CED1800BT unit for a couple of years but I couldn't quite shake the curiosity over what an Android unit would be like and after looking at the XTRONS units similar to Westindieman had above I bought one of these http://xtrons.co.uk/pb96mtvapl-9-hd-digital-octa-core-64bit-32gb-2g-ram-android-6-multi-touch-screen-car-stereo-custom-fit-for-volkswagen-seat-skoda.html plus the extra DAB+ USB dongle. If anyone is interested I can do a hopefully informative Youtube video about what I think are the plusses and minuses of this unit (or maybe Android Head Units in general).

saxonlad

Sep 4, 2016
Surrey
Dunno if anyone can help I have a preface lift 2008 1.4tsi what fascia would I need for a double din

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LeeFR

Jul 16, 2017
im looking for a way to use a headunit i have with the existing factory BT that came with my car, a 2008 PD170 FR there is a guide on this forum, kinda but i cant see any pics or anything to help me. anyone clued up on how to do this?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.