Why you should use vag-com to re-set the Throttle body

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
excellent,cheers Lee just what i wanted to hear.

i just got mixed up with the gauges, i want one badly!
id prefer it in the vent but if get rid of my car be a carry on and every single person i know would want a go!

i wonder if could rent it out?:lol:

Wolvotim

Oct 3, 2009
Shifnal, Shropshire
Done a TB re-set this morn using this thread and vagcom. I had some very slight hesitation pulling off from idle from cold and the re-set "seems" to have sorted it (only took a short trip to the shops)

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
Is this possible with the freeware version of VAGCOM? or do I need the full versio to access the correct part?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Had mine done today as I changed my inlet manifold last week, it must have been out to start with as it drives a lot smoother now.

Definatly worth getting it cleaned and reset IMO :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Had mine done today as I changed my inlet manifold last week, it must have been out to start with as it drives a lot smoother now.

Definatly worth getting it cleaned and reset IMO :)

Have you got the full version of vag com Adam? Would you think that a clogged up throttle body would cause hesitation? Just trying to rule things out. Might come and see you if you have the full version

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
guys....I found a lot of oil in the pipe otherside of the throttle body, I cleaned out what I could but it was quite dirty with oil too... is this normal? Anything you would recommend to do?

seatcupra2001

Apr 26, 2009
Andover,hampshire
where can you get the full version of vagcom from????? i got mine off ebay few months ago to read faults paid about £40 for it but its not the full version quite p***ed off thanks

jamiebennett81

where can you get the full version of vagcom from????? i got mine off ebay few months ago to read faults paid about £40 for it but its not the full version quite p***ed off thanks

was it advertised as the full version?

if it was then I would understand your frustration, but if its not, then you knew what you were buying at the time....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.