Cupra & Cupra R p/n's for Cams, Coolers, Clutch/ Flywheel/ Box, Turbo, Fuel Pump etc

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Looks like i was right about the exhaust then on the new Cupra R , i think they have tuned it to make it sound more sporty .

The new exhaust on the facelift Mk2 Leon Cupra sounds VERY different to the first generation 1.

I tried to get a photo of it but couldn't get far enough under the car.

Sounds almost a bit 'computer game' electronic from inside the car, but strangely doesn't increase the noise outside the car. Don't know if they have used some kind of special resonance panel as it sounds very different in car.

web.jpg

Last edited:

joffers111

Going to ask Hobins of bury the dealer who is supplying my new car if they can confirm the new engine code wish me luck!!!

On order

Speed blue Cupra
Black wheels, bluetooth and convenience pack

All for £19,955 BARGAIN!!!!

joffers111

So will this affect all the remaps for the Cupra?

Was thinking of going for the Bluefin, as I allready have the programing unit for my FR550, so it only costs about £165 + vat for the new map.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
If anyone wants specific part numbers for comparison purposes, Im happy to continue helping :)
Im not a technical wizard like most of you guys (RESPECT!!! lol) but know my way around ETKA quite well :whistle:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cheers Dave :)

Can you advise on the downpipe for the CDLA to make it complete, and if you get a chance, the valves, rods and pistons on the engine codes (BWJ, CDLD and CDLA) above?

Al

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Definitely no cat/downpipe listed for CDLA as yet, every other engine code is there tho :confused: probably a typo on ETKA which a future update should sort out I hope.

VALVES
Intake 06D109601M
Exhaust 06D109611H same on BWA/BWJ/CDLA/CDLD

VALVE SPRINGS
16 x 06F109623 on BWA/BWJ
Intake 8 x 06E109623H on CDLD/CDLA (cam also different as post #1)
Exhaust 8 x 06F109623 on CDLD/CDLA (same as BWA/BWJ)

CONRODS
06F198401 (set of 4) on BWJ/CDLA/CDLD

PISTONS
06D107066K on BWJ
06D107066L on CDLA/CDLD

Make of that what you will :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sorry to be cheeky but is there any remarks or tech listing along with any of those numbers ?

could be anything from numbers for piston size etc or usually nothing but if there is anything will help

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
sorry to be cheeky but is there any remarks or tech listing along with any of those numbers ?

could be anything from numbers for piston size etc or usually nothing but if there is anything will help

only things I saw worth noting are -
headstuds 06D103385D 10x1.5x112 BWA/BWJ/CDLA/CDLD
flywheel made by LUK for BWJ/CDLA/CDLD
pistons 82.51 BWJ/CDLA/CDLD
240mm clutch fitted on BWA/BWJ/CDLA/CDLD

precious little else listed Im afraid

joffers111

Dear sir

Thank you for contacting SEAT Customer Services.
Apologies for any confusion with the information you have received.
After speaking with our technical team I can reliably inform you that there are no modifications to our high pressure fuel pump for our forthcoming 2010 models, including the Leon Cupra, *and there are no known issues with these parts within SEAT.
I hope this information is helpful.

Many Thanks

Gareth Goldthorpe
SEAT Case Manager
SEAT UK
Tel 0500 222 222 ext 63132
[email protected]
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited

Registered Office: Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN Registered in England No:

Grip

That would be interesting for me, too. Is it right, that the S3 has got two intercoolers?

By the way: My first posting here. Kind regards from Germany.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Dear sir

Thank you for contacting SEAT Customer Services.
Apologies for any confusion with the information you have received.
After speaking with our technical team I can reliably inform you that there are no modifications to our high pressure fuel pump for our forthcoming 2010 models, including the Leon Cupra, *and there are no known issues with these parts within SEAT.
I hope this information is helpful.

Many Thanks

Gareth Goldthorpe
SEAT Case Manager
SEAT UK
Tel 0500 222 222 ext 63132
[email protected]
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited

Registered Office: Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN Registered in England No:[/QUOTE]

his details dont make sense?
his email address is audi? but he works for seat? all case managers i have dealt with have seat email addreses?
was this a recent email or an old 1?

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
That would be interesting for me, too. Is it right, that the S3 has got two intercoolers?

By the way: My first posting here. Kind regards from Germany.

S3 has one IC, that has aluminium sides, the only difference between it and the Cupra one.
Cupra R has the same IC asa the S3. U can change the Cupra IC with the S3 unit without other mods, it fits perfectly, I did it and the cooling is much better, a small mod with very big benefits.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
S3 has one IC, that has aluminium sides, the only difference between it and the Cupra one.
Cupra R has the same IC asa the S3. U can change the Cupra IC with the S3 unit without other mods, it fits perfectly, I did it and the cooling is much better, a small mod with very big benefits.

Not quite. The S3 core is thicker both on the early S3 cores with the square stainless end tanks and the newer ones with the shaped plastic end tanks. The LCR shares the intercooler with the newer CDLA S3's.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
his details dont make sense?
his email address is audi? but he works for seat? all case managers i have dealt with have seat email addreses?
was this a recent email or an old 1?

Could of just recently moved over from Audi to Seat they all sit in the same building

I go past it everyday

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Not quite. The S3 core is thicker both on the early S3 cores with the square stainless end tanks and the newer ones with the shaped plastic end tanks. The LCR shares the intercooler with the newer CDLA S3's.

I can confim this as I spent some time cross-referencing part numbers and following superseded/modified numbers through ;)

robin_nerf

Jun 28, 2011
Sweden

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I had plans of changing my IC to a S3, but no need then when i'm riding a Cupra R -11.
Will it be better cooling effect to change my stock one to a Forge ? (Or is Forge and S3 pretty much the same ?)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.