armrest.jpg
[/IMG]

Tools:

- 1 Drill
- One pencil
- 5 screws (provided with armrest)
- 1 star head screw driver

How to:

- Place armrest in position, it only rests properly in one place so you cant mess it up
- It will rest over the Aux-in (green mark)
- Next mark at the red with a pencil a guide to drill your first hole
- Drill hole
- Place armrest back on and screw in first screw, this will stop it moving while you mark the remaining holes to be drilled. Mark holes.
- Remove armrest and drill the remaining 4 Blue holes
- Put armrest back on and screw all screws in halfway first, then tighten them, this stops u accidentally moving the armrest while screwing!
- Stick down insert provided
- Sit back and pimp!!

NOTES
- Do not use a drills to screw in the screws, there is too much torque and this will wreck the plastics.
- Where i have marked the GREEN square you should have access to your aux-in so you can connect your ipod etc and keep it out of site. A hole comes made in the bottom of the armrest for this reason!
- I stole this pic from another thread i take no credit for it.

Happy Pimping!

Last edited:

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Looks good - how solid / secure does it feel? if you lean on it when shifting in seat does it feel solid?

Its super solid, it doesn't budge whatsoever with all the screws in. some people use number plate sticky pads to secure it but i wouldnt imagine it works half as well! I honestly don't no how ive lived without one till now!

Contact SEREMOTORS on this forum, David will sort u out with one for a good price!

Tibi

i heard that in UK are cheaper then other countries
here in RO are very expesive,about 200-250€
i have an altea cover and i'll try to feet it

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
I realise i've dug up an old thread, but with the armrest fitted do you lose the use of the 2 cupholders?

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
I realise i've dug up an old thread, but with the armrest fitted do you lose the use of the 2 cupholders?

yes and no, they get covered by the armrest however the reubber insert inside the armrest that covers the cup holders can be lifted out. so yes u can still use ur cupholders, they'll just be hidden inside the armrest.

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Hi all,

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but has anyone fitted the one that tilts up between the seats (like the one in my old 2001 Toledo) and has a lid that opens back and up but also slides forward? There's a few on evilbay right now, dunno if I can post a link but an item number is 390286064890 or something.

Just wondering if they are any good. Apologies in advance if I've done something I shouldn't have.

Cheers,
Roy

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
hey i like that, they even have the same silly white seats like me :D unfortunatley though i use my cup-holders for a splitter that fits in nicely and a wierd chewing gum ball, and i cant use the cup-holder at the front cos thats where my Ipod docking thingy is, shame though i do a lot of motorway miles and i bet its nice to have one.

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
I still think the standard armrest is better looking than the optional ebay example (ive never seen that one before) 390286064890

Here is mine:

IMAG0031.jpg

That ebay version has unsightly screws attached to the cd holder compartment at the back. does look comfortable though

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
your making me jealous now, i might have to rearrange my stuff and get one, its a shame they dont do a white and black one to suite.

and i also miss my old gear-knob :(

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I still think the standard armrest is better looking than the optional ebay example (ive never seen that one before) 390286064890

Here is mine:

IMAG0031.jpg

That ebay version has unsightly screws attached to the cd holder compartment at the back. does look comfortable though

And i think that ones better as it wont block the hand-brake as much

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Hey theres nothing stopping you getting one re-upholstered. I think Cila on this site had his redone in a more suitable material for his interior.

I often sit inside the cupras and fr's at the stealers and now judge how complete the car is based on whether it has an armrest or not. :D It doesnt impede the handbrake at all as the one on ebay appears to.

Plus the stock leon sport gearknob had to go, horrible. Love the cupra gearknob, plus it matches the interior just lovely.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.