Guide: How to fix the common leaking rear washer pipe in the Boot/Passenger footwell

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Finally got round to doing this fix. All I can say is WOW never ever seen that much pressure on the rear screen.

Its a bugger of a job if like me you have big fingers and you do end up with lots of cuts but well worth it in the end.

Just got to remember never use rear washer if weather is freezing.

Or use the correct mix within your screen wash. . .

STPCG

Enzo Ferrari next :-)
Nov 10, 2006
Lincolnshire
Anyone had it leak from under the dashboard just behind the glove box? found it today, water all over the mrs's feet when i used the rear washwipe, had a look and its coming from the main wiring loom!! and pouring over the wires connected to the passenger airbag! its an 09 so only just out of warranty but a word with the dealer is needed, design flaw or what. water and electrics do not mix well.

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Thanks just did mine today, rear washer stopped working not so long ago, glad I caught it early so leak was minimal, the ends are a nightmare to get back together, because there is no space whatsoever to work in, what a stupid design:censored:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Just reconnected the pipe on mine, but still no spray out of the back washer - could it be a clogged nozzle?

Ben750

May 14, 2013
Pontefract, West Yorks.
Thanks for the guide.

Since I bought my Leon I've been wondering why the jet didn't make it to the top of the rear window. As soon as I got the trim off I could feel it was damp. The connector fell out as soon as I touched it. Pushed it back together and a bit of insulation tape for luck and it's sorted.

It's beyond me why they didn't put the connector 50mm further up the pipe to make reconnection easier though!

celt120

Jan 15, 2014
seat altea xl water leak

Hi
i had my seat altea xl at the dealers because of a water leak ,i told them that water was also getting into the rear passenger side cup holder, they had the car a week, and renewed front door seals, but the water is still getting into the rear cup holder, i read on the site that this can be easy sorted, but can i ask someone please, as my leak is the rear passenger side, do i need to remove the rear parcel shelf on that side, or is the rear washer connection on the rear drivers side. Thanks in advance

celt120

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks for your reply, as my car is a Seat Altea xl, it probebly a differrent setup , and i only get the water in the cup holder when it rains hard

andypand

Mar 30, 2015
up north
Hi guys.
I know this is an old thread now but I've noticed a problem with my leon.
I've noticed a water leak just behind the driver seat underneath the car.
Doesn't drip for too long or overly fast but it creates a puddle under the car.
I've checked and it is water not petrol.
Only thing I could think of was washer bottle related.
My rear jet works fine.
Haven't noticed any wet in the car but honestly I haven't checked.
Anyone else had water from under the rear drivers side of car?
I'd say half way between driver seat and rear wheel arch.
But this is from a plate with a V shaped bump pointing down.

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
Found a wet patch on passages side front and rear when I test drove a Leon today, driver side is fine as well as the rear. What would course this, most to the post only relate to the washer bottle hose that runs along the drivers side feeding the rear washer, is there any threads that relate to wet passages footwell?
Thanks

celt120

Jan 15, 2014
Water in footwell

Hello, I am 98 per cent sure if you replace your front door seal, the problem will be sorted, that's what I had to do, the water runs from the front footwell and enters the rear one

Last edited:

MG

Jan 23, 2017
Boot leaking passenger side

I seem to have a water leak in the boot too, but its on the passender side, not the drivers.
The carpet that covers the wheel arch is wet at the bottom but when I pull the carpet back its dry behind it.
Has nayone else had this problem?
cheers

Hi I've got the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it?

celt120

Jan 15, 2014
The water is coming from the front door seal,if you check it ,its probely soft, or better still lift the carpets,and get someone to put the hose on the door

MG

Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for the reply celt120. It's my partners car and she said the boot has been dryer but that could be due to fact we've not had much rain lately. Appreciate the recommendation of the door seal, I'm almost convinced it's leaking at the rear somewhere though. Rear screen always heavily misted on the inside as apposed to the front screen/door glass not being misted. Partner also informed me that rear washer not working (frt is) but reading other forums washer hose located on o/s of vehicle but all interior boot trims that side are bone dry. Gonna spend Wednesday trying to resolve issue. I'll keep you updated with any success.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise