SuperPro Dog Bone Engine Mount - FITTING

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
How do,

Bought the SuperPro engine mount from AwesomeGTI, Andy was very helpful and I ended up paying £47ish for the mount and recorded delivery.

This is a brief guide with no pictures unfortunately as I fitted it in the heavy rain, but its fairly simple to explain!

So, from the top!

1) Jack up the car and remove the undertray.
2) There are only four bolts to remove in total, in order to remove the whole mount.
3) Two on the gearbox, side by side, one is recessed just behind.
4) Working backwards towards the exhaust you'll see another bolt in the subframe, in a slightly recessed circular dip. This needs to come out as well.
5) Between the 3 on the gearbox and the one in the subframe, you will see a connection between the mount and a bracket which attaches to the gearbox, loosen this slightly so it 'hinges'.
6) There appeared to be no tension on this mount, so the engine didnt drop or move, but please use caution.
7) The whole mount should now just pull clear and come out.
8) Use a flat bladed screwdriver and hammer to work around the edge of the mount, and levering against the solid metal housing to break the plastic casing, do this on both sides and then just hammer the rubber mount out. *Use a vice, or clamp to secure the piece*
9) Using some fine grade sandpaper, just clean the inner face of crap.
10) Using the white lubricant, smear it all round the outer edge of the bush and the inner face of the mount.
11) I then pressed in the mount by hand, quite easy to do BUT MAKE SURE ITS LINED UP CORRECTLY AS THE DIAGRAM INCLUDED SAYS!!
12) Push in the crush tube by hand again using the lube.
13) Smear the raised faces of the rubber mount with lube.
14) Refit as per the first few points, and tighten everything sufficiently, this isnt like the leon dog bone, so torque will not affect by vibration as such!

Thats about it really!! If anyone has any questions let me know, hopefully a member will come and add pics when they do fit it in good weather!!

Jimski

adam g

hi just a quick question what benefits do you get from this mount conversion as im interested in doing it as well

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Sorry for the delay, basically just stiffens up the feel and drive of the car, my gear changes also tightened.

You do get more cabin vibration, but its worth it. Cheap and quick mod. Well worth doing.

Jimski

grant2005ibiza

Hi, my ibiza fr 1.8 20v T makes a knock/squeek when I let off the power. And I bit when I put it back on. Noise comes from engine bay close to me. Is this a tyrpical failed mount? Should I up grade? 202bhp 280lbft at the moment

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
with that power i would upgrade if i was you especially if you plan on doing stage2 at any time and the power makes the engine move much more and it almost hurts lol

grant2005ibiza

Lol, so its definetly a mount that's making the noise. How many mounts do I have? How many should I need to upgrade? Thanks for your speedy friendly reply

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
im going to attemp this later today, iv head that accas to the back bolt of the mount going threw the subframe is rather tight, any tips or should it be ok?

Adrian.

hmm was thinkin about doing this to mine. Is it worth doing the gearbox,the engine mount on top and the other one that is available for the back aswell?

euanlowe

Bushes.

How many miles has your car done? Mines is about 49k and it was squeeking when pulling away and braking. Changed the wishbone/console bushes for superpro's on friday and the noise is gone so it could be that aswell, Ibiza's are ronound for needing wishbone bushes at that mileage! Specially the voidd ones that they put on the 1.4's

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Does anyone know what size the bolts are?

Wanna make sure I have all the tools before I start :)

Thump5tar

Will be doing one of these soon, should help with my stiff 4th to 5th change under load! :)
I take it the diesel version is a bit softer so there isn't as much vibration through to the cabin?
Thanks

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
It is indeed. Are you looking at the powerflex or superpro ones?

I saw something about gear linkage adjustment on briskoda that might help you let me know if you can't find it using google

Thump5tar

Looking at the powerflex one at the moment since they have one just for the diesel and not the same one for all! Hopefully won't vibrate as much but still do the job.
Yes i'll have a look for the gear linkage adjustment now, thanks :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise