engine fault and emissions light!

ChrisBurkitt

maybe i should introduce myself first as i'm new to this forum! my names chris, i drive an 07 plate leon fr tdi. . . . dont know a great deal about the technical side of cars but enjoy learning!

just seeing if anybody else has encountered the same problem as me.... about 2-3 months ago i took my leon in as the engine fault came on and the emissions. I was told it was the charge pressure sensor (not sure what this is... and it possibly has another name, hence me asking about it!).

that got replaced. The same thing happened 2 weeks ago, with around 8000 miles on the car, engine fault started coming on, but not during every drive, then eventually the emissions came on too so i took it into seat.... they said it was a faulty charge pressure sensor (again), so replaced it.

over the past few days the engine fault has been coming on... but sometimes if i take the key out, then put it back in the ignition it has gone off. although tonight the engine fault came on, so when i got home i took the key out and tried the ignition and both lights came on... i will be booking my car into seat tomorrow (i'm gonna have a wild guess at it being the same problem), and hopefully there will be no lights on in the morning as i drive 25 miles to work everyday then 25 back!! so when my fault lights are on and my car doesnt like moving too quick it gets annoying (and i dont enjoy being the annoying person at the front of the A road in the new car going slow!)

anybody experienced the same problem... or more importantly, can anybody shed a bit more light on what the problem might actually be! anything i can suggest to seat other than just the sensor being replaced (again!).

any comments or help would be much appreciated!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
maybe i should introduce myself first as i'm new to this forum! my names chris, i drive an 07 plate leon fr tdi. . . . dont know a great deal about the technical side of cars but enjoy learning!

just seeing if anybody else has encountered the same problem as me.... about 2-3 months ago i took my leon in as the engine fault came on and the emissions. I was told it was the charge pressure sensor (not sure what this is... and it possibly has another name, hence me asking about it!).

that got replaced. The same thing happened 2 weeks ago, with around 8000 miles on the car, engine fault started coming on, but not during every drive, then eventually the emissions came on too so i took it into seat.... they said it was a faulty charge pressure sensor (again), so replaced it.

over the past few days the engine fault has been coming on... but sometimes if i take the key out, then put it back in the ignition it has gone off. although tonight the engine fault came on, so when i got home i took the key out and tried the ignition and both lights came on... i will be booking my car into seat tomorrow (i'm gonna have a wild guess at it being the same problem), and hopefully there will be no lights on in the morning as i drive 25 miles to work everyday then 25 back!! so when my fault lights are on and my car doesnt like moving too quick it gets annoying (and i dont enjoy being the annoying person at the front of the A road in the new car going slow!)

anybody experienced the same problem... or more importantly, can anybody shed a bit more light on what the problem might actually be! anything i can suggest to seat other than just the sensor being replaced (again!).

any comments or help would be much appreciated!!
There have been a bad batch of sensor and I thought this had been corrected on your late reg[Audi have been hit bad with this, the sensor has been changed for more tolerent ceramic coated type] if you have'nt had this more than thirty days? you should be able to change under the sale of goods act

ChrisBurkitt

have there been 2 bad batches though!? i'm hoping that if it is the case of them needing to replace it with a more tolerant type then they will do when i take it in.... its just the hassle and inconvinience, which is why i asked if anybody else has had the same problem! thank you for the quick response too!

ChrisBurkitt

not had my car for almost a week now.... and it was again bringing up the same fault as previous. Wires have been checked to now be faulty.

conclusion, new ECU to be fitted

DavysFR

Hi mate, my fr tdi did the same thing but 20k on it.

Had sensors replaced twice, no joy, going in again on thursday will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Keep us informed on how your is getting on.

H8T WP

not had my car for almost a week now.... and it was again bringing up the same fault as previous. Wires have been checked to now be faulty.

conclusion, new ECU to be fitted
was reading evo magazine.. a writer on there has a cupra which has similar issues .. they changed ecu and the problem still persisted.. mine came on and it turned out to be something with fuel pressure sensor

DavysFR

Doesnt have a coil pack mate its a derv [B)]

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy83

My car (2.0 tfsi Fr) had the same symptoms, however, it never did it while at the stealers!!! Just got it back after having had an ecu update which seems to have cured it? Don't know if thats any help? Seems to me the dealers don't really know, and are just stabbing in the dark?

ChrisBurkitt

get my car back this evening after work, so hopefully all will be ok with it. . . . because i'm getting fed up driving the courtesy car!

i'll keep people updated anyway, but will also mention the fuel sensor to the dealer

ChrisBurkitt

got my car back last thursday. cars been fine, driving ok, after having the ecu replaced and the charge pressure sensor.... until today when my engine fault light came on again. . . then went out on my next journey and it had gone off, and consequently drove ok... then got in my car to come home from work and it came back on!! so no power. . . so decided to stop once the car had warmed up, then remove the key and start it again to see if the light would go out... it didnt though and brought my engine emissions light on again too... so my leon's back at the dealers tomorrow morning. . . to which i'm guessing they will find the same fault..... any suggestions, maybe from experience, on what i should be telling them (not asking because i dont seem to get answers i want to hear!). . . its getting annoying because i'm beginning to not like my car.. which is not good.

ChrisBurkitt

Took it to the dealer this morning, its not giving the same fault as before, and its not the DPF.. thats the only answer i got. . i'l post anything else i hear from them though.

i'v had the car around 7 months now, and done around 8000 miles... you think i'll be able to reject it? anybody else been in a similar situation?!?

ChrisBurkitt

the seat dealers cant determine whats up with it still, so their sending a report to the manufacturer..... then i guess its for the manufacturer to decide... and for me to sit back and wait. . . then possibly moan alot if i dont like the decision... annoying eh! anyone wanna buy a leon mk2!!?? 07, 8000 miles! full dealer history (all be it full of faults!)!

ChrisBurkitt

got car back (the charge pressure sensor was again replaced - was told the sensor was "spiking" the ECU, which is why it was giving faults). all was fine with it . . . . until today, where i have had engine faults, then emissions lights, then both goin out, then coming back on, and now both on continuously. So back to the dealers again tomorrow morning.

anyone know if it is actually possible after 7-8 months to reject the car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.