Official: New 2005 Toledo (Production)- your comments go here!

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
personally, I dont think it looks as bad as the prototype. I notice that the Altea bumper is used on the front instead of a sporty Cupra/FR influenced one on the prototype, while the rear is also different, similar to the Altea.

not my cup of tea though....hee hee, I still think its ***** :)

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Nice review Mark ....

Still not sure about it - AndyB - I think that image you had earlier (New Alhambra/Toledo estate) could well be the Vario that Mark mentions.....

But it does have a huge boot - Should swallow my weekly fill from tesco's (Last week it was two trolleys! Leon's back seat had to be used!!!)

Last edited:

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
yeap could be, told Z to add that to the article, he does everything I tell him to do :)

the Auto Express image is very similar to the Auto Bild image, although the German site claims it to be an Alhambra, while the UK mag says a Toledo Estate (but with Leon rear lights- so it could actually be badged a Leon Vario??)

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
No way its not big enough to be the new Alhambra! - & where's the rear row of seats!!! Pants to AutoBild for that comment.....

re a Leon Vario - doubt it the Toldeo would be the better model to base that on, leaving the Leon as is or as a softop/coupe - Hmm now theres an idea - I should have been a car designer.....

andyb

Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
Stu B said:
No way its not big enough to be the new Alhambra! - & where's the rear row of seats!!! Pants to AutoBild for that comment.....

re a Leon Vario - doubt it the Toldeo would be the better model to base that on, leaving the Leon as is or as a softop/coupe - Hmm now theres an idea - I should have been a car designer.....

yes, but if the "art" in Auto Express is to be believed, it has Leon lights (when Toledo/Altea would also fit), which would give confusing messages. We are of course basing this on magazine art, but they may (and often) have access to scoop pics

SolidSnake

the new toledo's external view doesnt have that strong impression of the old one.....

rob_r

it looks sh**, no other word for it :D

the gadget list is cool, and the diesel is the new 140 unit isn't it?

but that body is just plain embarrassing

Fen

Gotta check my tracking..
Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
SEAT have lost the plot so comprehensively that they wouldn't recognise it if they saw it.

WTF is the "young & sporty" arm of VAG doing churning out mini MPV after mini MPV?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.