Seat Leon FR II TDI tuning...

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
from the video i worked out that seemed to be a sub 7 sec 0-100
nice. i'm considering the changes myself, but need to see how easy it is to changed back to PDF downpipe for MOT later.

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
I would say 0-100km/h between 6.5 and 7 sec. At 105km/h on tacho it is 100km/h on GPS.

Its pretty fast untill 180km/h :rolleyes: after that you have to be patient..., relatievly speeking offcourse :)

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
"If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating."

That's not good.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
"If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating."

That's not good.

No Particle Filter here..., the custom exhaust is without Particle filter and without the end silencer as well. Just thro and thro with a only a small silencer in the middle :)

The regenarating process is disabled in the ECU..., custom chip you know

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
One thing I was thinkin' bout this DPF filter,,,

besides disabling the whole system changing the ecu code, sensors are sensors, and normally, 90% of sensors in a car that I'm aware of, return a voltage or a resistance to the ecu [active or passive sensors],,, either way you can trick the ecu by closing the circuit that goes to that sensor with something that provides the ecu with a voltage/resistance value that resided in the normal operation values sensed,,,

I mean, they used this technique with the evry-mod to fool the ecu into thinking the fuel temp is at a certain value, I can't see why one can't do this trickin the ecu tellin it the DPF is in its perfect working condition while it isn't even there,,,

even if the ecu wants the DPF parameters to vary over the time, one could always create a rather simple circuit with a PIC processor that feeds the ecu with the desired values,,,

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
One thing I was thinkin' bout this DPF filter,,,

besides disabling the whole system changing the ecu code, sensors are sensors, and normally, 90% of sensors in a car that I'm aware of, return a voltage or a resistance to the ecu [active or passive sensors],,, either way you can trick the ecu by closing the circuit that goes to that sensor with something that provides the ecu with a voltage/resistance value that resided in the normal operation values sensed,,,

I mean, they used this technique with the evry-mod to fool the ecu into thinking the fuel temp is at a certain value, I can't see why one can't do this trickin the ecu tellin it the DPF is in its perfect working condition while it isn't even there,,,

even if the ecu wants the DPF parameters to vary over the time, one could always create a rather simple circuit with a PIC processor that feeds the ecu with the desired values,,,

I'am not that much into ECU..., but the tuner who does this software know everything about it. It worked really nice with mine car..., and from the problems i've heard from other 2.0TDI 170bhp cars with the PDF for losing power during regenerating, burning DPF filters, broken sensors, and so on, i'am happy :)

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
yeah, my point was about a way to fool the ecu into thinking that the DPF is there and is fully functional, wasn't arguing about your car, which, by the way, is a very good example of the capabilities of these engines,,, 223hp outta a 2 liter diesel is about insane,,,

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
Impressive movie. Although your speedometer seems to jump 10km/h in less than 0.5 secs. Looks a bit weird to me. One thing I'm curious about: without DPF, how will you ever pass APK?

Its a company lease car (don't tell the lease company :D) and the APK is for cars older then 3 years..., within 2 years i will have a new car :whistle:

I'am waiting for the Leon Cupra D with the new 2.0TDI, standard 204bhp/400nm..., with maybe a twin-turbo like BMW :p.., should be a good base for tuning :whistle:

I dunno what lease company you're dealing with, but they'll find you if they ever find out about this. In other words: make sure the car is original when it goes back to the dealer or make sure the dealer is in on this with you. You wouldn't be the first who has to pay to compensate for all the horsepower.

Mine's also a company car and it's chipped. I still have the DPF and luckily haven't had any problems with it. Only some problems with the torque at the moment, but they're working on it.

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
I dunno what lease company you're dealing with, but they'll find you if they ever find out about this. In other words: make sure the car is original when it goes back to the dealer or make sure the dealer is in on this with you. You wouldn't be the first who has to pay to compensate for all the horsepower.

Mine's also a company car and it's chipped. I still have the DPF and luckily haven't had any problems with it. Only some problems with the torque at the moment, but they're working on it.

Car is bought be a dealer who has a contract with this tuner a mentioned before.
The dealer takes over the waranty. This has been tested with my broken turbo lately. There was some movement on the axle of the turbo were the fan is installed on, this makes 20k rpm, and this movement got worse and worse untill th epoint that the outside skirts of the fan where hitting the inside of the turbo. I heard this, so i drove very slowly to this dealer. Everything replaced under waranty.

My first 1.8T a crashed, it was chipped from ABT but i have changed it. No problems there. My second 1.8T a had a full Milltek, Forge TIP and Forge DV and offcourse custom software..., 245bhp/360nm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKq5usEBu8

Before i give ti back to the lease company a remove all the mods and the tuner tuned it down to 180bhp. All the mods were sold afterwards :)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Audi, mostly the first brand of the VAG group are using already the new 2.0 common rail TDI 204bhp/400nm in the new Audi cross coupe.
Volkswagen will follow and hoppefully (is in my mind, but with the succ6 of the TWCC TDI''s a good possibility) in the Seat.

http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2007/04/24/audi-cross-coupe-quattro-2

The new common rail is already out ... its in the TT and its not anywhere near the hoped 204bhp .. its very similar to the 170 that you already have power wise . IIRC

EDIT - - linky http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160782

Last edited:

Genoa1893

Hi Erminio,
were is your local tuner based?

I'd be interested in similar DPF removal for my PD170 based car.

Thank you,

Stefano

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.