nightflight's 1.6tdi Ibiza mk5 - Now with Sideskirts

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Replaced the freshly painted B-Pillar trim this evening.

P1030346.jpg

P1030345.jpg

P1030340.jpg

Aug 25, 2010
wounder what it would have looked like in white hmmm. looks a lot better though is that triangle printable on the rear door ?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Will have a play on PhotoShop this evening.
I think the door one should come off with a tug, it looks outta place now.
Only downside is the rubber trim looks shoddy now, need to get that back to black somehow?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Car looks good. Looked good at inters :p

Was just wondering if you take some pictures of your rear bumper and like the underneath near the exhaust.

Looking at seeing if the under pan is the same as the 1.4 apart from the hole.for the exhaust, so I.can fit a nice stainless tip to mine :)
Ta

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
No, they're still sat in my studio.
Waiting for my mate's neighbour to get back to me with a price and time, just started an OU course as well so if I can get them done cheaper than £100/120 then i'm prepared to keep waiting.

Though I did consider whether it'd be better to get them sprayed then fitted, or whether I should have them fitted then sprayed and blended? or with it being a new(ish) car the paint match would be ok with only 2 yrs worth of fading?

lefkon

Feb 7, 2011
i need to see those skirts fitted!!! thinking of getting them for my 5dr but i havent seen any pictures with a 5dr with skirts!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Looks nice so far matey.
I guess it must be an Ibiza thing in terms of ride height, as the Mk.4 sits awfully high as standard which kind of ruins the sporty look imo, so definitely look into lowering!
Need to get mine down soon.

She's a nice Mk.5, will be good to see this in progress :)

Nazza92

Apr 16, 2011
earth
nice.
I am liking the blue and white colouring :)
Is different but works well :)

with skirts i would say get them painted then fit them as the fade wont be too bad. Also, if you use your car a lot they will get dirty and you wont notice it after about a month... even after cleaning. :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Cheers Nazza.

Still waiting on the skirts to be sprayed, but in the mean time blagged some free gloss black vinyl from the sign makers next door to first aid HQ. Will be doing the B pillar (the original paint has got knackered/scuffed and wasn't as glossy as I wanted anyway) and the little triangles on the rear door. Got about a metre or so of vinyl so will probably end up doing the HU and heater surrounds and considering doing the door handles or the flat bits where the window controls are but not 100% which to go for?
Pics in due course.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Another cheap little mod, darker side repeaters
These fit the gap left by the old ones perfectly, no sanding or filing to fit them required.

Before:

IMAG0095-1.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

P1030346.jpg

After
IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102-1.jpg

Very happy with them, they've smoothed off the side of the car no end and only cost £12 delivered :)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise