No Power!!!!

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
Hi all, i have a PD 130 Ibiza FR (2006)

Last night i was sat at a set of traffic lights pulled off and gave the car some stick, when i changed in to 2nd the boost came in then i heard a pop then what sounded like a release of presure, the car the lost all power like this gone in to limp mode but there was no EML at first but did come on after about 5 miles on my way home. i plug the car in to a friends diagnosic (sp) reader and it came up with low boost???

i can't hear the turbo spinning at all and every now and then i hear a waste gate/ dump valve nosie. i'm not diving the car needlessly btw.

i have had it up on the ramp today and have checked all boost hose's and there all still tight.

Any idea's?

BTW when diving the car is doesnt smoke, it will still tick over and drive smoothly i jast have no boost at all ????

Thanks in advance

Alex

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
To be honest it sounds like a split pipe or pipe blown off, barring the no smoke part. If a hose was split, regardless of wether it's a big split or not, there would still be masses of black smoke out the back of the car dues to overfueling.

Sounds to me like its in limp mode, due to having no boost, but no black smoke.

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
Thanks for the help guys I have been told that it could be a actuator on the turbo has gone hence why I have no boost because it's not opening the turbo up for it to start boosting. I have got it going in to a garage in the morning to see what's wrong. After looking on the net though I seem to be getting the symtems of a knackered actuator. Tigers crossed it nothing to exspensive anyways. Thanks again Alex

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Its normally sticking vanes in the centre of the turbo and not the boost pressure regulator - however they do give the same symptoms, the regulator rarely sticks or has the diaphram splits or the boost pressure controller is buggered.