PD 100,115,130,150,160 engine internal part numbers

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Sorry for saying that, but there are some mistakes in your listings.

Water pump Is not the same on all PD engines, the ARL/BPX/BUK engines have a slightly bigger water pump. It wont fit into the block.
And because of that also the block differs on those engines, not only because of the water pump, also the strength of casting is better on the engines with 150/160 hp.

And to answer the last question: Yes, the turbo from Ibiza Cupra and Leon Cupra (Garrett GT1749VB will plug and play bolt on to 130hp Engine.

Greets, Alex

I don't know about the BPX or the BUK but i know for a fact the same water pump fits the ARL, ASZ and the ATD. How i know is i have a friend who is a mechanic for VW and he uses the same part.;) Part numbers may change in later years but will be across the board.

Last edited:

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
No, it wont fit. I have a ASZ (130hp)engine, and I tried to mount the water pump from ARL (150hp). No way. You would have to drill the bore in the engine block bigger to fit in the ARL(150)/BPX(160, EU3)/BUK(160, EU4) pump.

Here is a pic:
At the left is the bigger pump from engines 150hp- and on the right is the smaller 130hp pump. You can see the pump wheel itself is bigger and also the position of O-ring sealing is different.

y1pddX4a85qiPDUHRMDcatR5RBzT9_apnn1MDeSyUo2PuIZ3itpmC176nBk3RwP5JGu

Greets, Alex

Last edited:

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
The engines must be different in Austria then because i'm telling you right now in Ireland ALL pumps are interchangeable on the ATD, ASZ and ARL engines of the same year. I just rang the mechanic to confirm. Do you have ETOS? Check and you will see. If you haven't i will post screen shots of the part numbers. Also ARL and ASZ ARE the same block.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Well we have different part numbers. Because of different pump bore and stronger casting of ARL/BPX (Thats why most motorsport teams search ARL/BPX blocks for their engines)

Greets, Alex

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
The first PD150/130 engine(2001) when it came out had a different block part number. From 2002 they changed the part number. From 2002 /2003 pumps are the same. I have been told the pump was changed 2002 onwards. My mechanic just done a timing belt on a ARL and used the same water pump on ATD the week before. So i think this is an age related difference, incidently that pump looks like it's off the older non PD TDI engine. The first PD130 engine had a different crankshaft but in 2002 PD130/150 bottom ends were made identicle, i will post screen shots tomorrow.

Last edited:

rhussjr

I was looking for the Bosch part number for these, but found them after some lengthy research. Here they are:

PD130/150 Injectors (VAG 038 130 073 AL or 038 130 079 BX) Bosch # 0 414 720 028 or 0 414 720 039 or 0 986 441 507

Last edited by a moderator:

miko

turbo upgrade

micky. i would like to just reward you and thank you for this helpful information. this is great and more than grand. well done. need helpful people like you.
im from south africa and have been going nuts trying to source a turbo.
i have a 2005 polo 1.9 tdi with a standard 74kw turbo. im looking at upgrading it to the seat cupra tdi turbo but cant find the part number for the cupra turbo that will correspond or work in place of my current turbo. remember i want to upgrade to more kw's. i am aware of all the pressures this sauses around the diesel engine.

if you could help me you would be doing a very frustrated kid a huge huge favour :)

Unot1

May 4, 2016
Masive resurrection here....

The seat Ibiza comes with two types of 130 engine...
The BLT and the ASZ
Would the basic engines of these be the same, with just a turbo difference as most of the above......?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.