Coming back to a Leon....

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm after a bit of advice, I had a pre facelift MK2 Leon FR with the pd170 Diesel engine, I think I had every common fault possible happen to me during the ownership but nevertheless I've missed the car ever since I got rid of it, I stupidly moved to BMW but now I'm looking to get another Leon.
I'm looking at a facelifted Mk2 FR+ DSG diesel, I know it has the newer CR170 engine in but I'm wondering if the rest of the car has the same issues as the pre facelift such as air bag lights/module, the knock on the front end that no one could diagnose, rear calipers sticking, door seals leaking?
Also what are the issues with the CR170 engine too?

Any advice appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Had one for two years, was on 80k when I got it 108k now.

My passenger door lock module is broken which was quite recent, other than that it’s been general issue free.

I notice in the cold weather I can’t properly shift the moisture on the inside of the windows but never any proper leaking into the car.

The engine is great considering I thought I’d bought a lemon. At first it would sometimes cut out with an injector fault, but over time this is pretty much non existent. The car was garaged for a while before I bought it I think so possibly some dirt in the tank, although when cold even to this day it the car is cold and I give it some boot it will cut out with the same error. Since this is just when cold it’s only happened once in the last 6 months or so.

Overall I’d say it’s been a great car and far less hassle than the PD pre facelift. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise