MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
It's possible the Beats audio will be a premium pack rather than replacing SEAT sound. Seems to be how it's played out in other markets.
Will just have to wait and see, as I understand it I have until the build week is confirmed

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Nothing has been announced yet regarding Beats Audio on Leon (or Ateca) but I think it's a safe bet it will replace SEAT Sound as it already has on Ibiza. As to when that will happen, my guess is MY19, which will be too late for indyjones' order.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Nothing has been announced yet regarding Beats Audio on Leon (or Ateca) but I think it's a safe bet it will replace SEAT Sound as it already has on Ibiza. As to when that will happen, my guess is MY19, which will be too late for indyjones' order.

Others have reported that on German seat configurator and possibly other seat sites that both seat sound and beats are offered - both as upgrades to the standard spec sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Quite possibly, will just have to wait and see. It might be a possible retro fit from Seat sound system too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Others have reported that on German seat configurator and possibly other seat sites that both seat sound and beats are offered - both as upgrades to the standard spec sound.
Other markets are rarely an indication of what will become available in the UK. For example, in Spain Beats Audio is available on Arona, but not here. I can't see SEAT UK offering two upgrades when they are aren't hugely different to each other.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Other markets are rarely an indication of what will become available in the UK. For example, in Spain Beats Audio is available on Arona, but not here. I can't see SEAT UK offering two upgrades when they are aren't hugely different to each other.

Could be. There’s quite a difference in power I think 150w against 300w. But I get what you’re saying.

When the standard nav gets wlan and therefore Alexa looks like the need to have 2 nav units of the same screen size starts to become less viable too. Appreciate the nav high unit has other stuff ( hard drive, dvd) but will that continue?

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Yeah you can spec it on the Cupra on both the Spanish and German configurators.

Seat.de and seat.es

Both beats and seat sound are available. Beats being the more expensive option.

But they also have other packs we don't have like performance, chrome and black.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yeah you can spec it on the Cupra on both the Spanish and German configurators.

Seat.de and seat.es

Both beats and seat sound are available. Beats being the more expensive option.

But they also have other packs we don't have like performance, chrome and black.

Yes. Echoing what scrogg said different markets = different options. Alarm is optional extra in some countries.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
It's all speculation anyway. Beats Audio may never be available on this generation of Leon.

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon
Hi all,
First post after too many weeks of lurking about behind the scenes reading up on bits and bobs. I joined the Cupra 'order' club back at the end Nov.. confirmed build wk 4 (this week). Really surprised seeing as dealer quoted April delivery. No extras as ordered on a personal lease. Almost ordered Eclipse Orange but settled on Mystery Blue!
The forum here is helping me stay sane whilst I wait for the call to say its ready...

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Nice! Welcome - SC / 5dr / ST? Seem more lucky than everyone else with your build speed..!

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon
Went with the family friendly 5dr version as have two little ones to cart about. I was really shocked when Seat CS confirmed the build week (twice now). Dealer did say however there might be a wait as something to do with registration limitations or something? Wasn't really aware of this so will have to wait and see how long it takes once it's arrived.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...something to do with registration limitations or something?
It's basic supply and demand.

SEAT UK have had such a good couple of years the factories cannot keep up. If we were LHD it would be less of any issue as they could move some capacity from other markets, but as we are one of the few RHD markets it takes them a lot longer to react to an increase in demand.

Put simply, SEAT UK are a victim of their own success!

Deleted member 103408

It's basic supply and demand.

SEAT UK have had such a good couple of years the factories cannot keep up. If we were LHD it would be less of any issue as they could move some capacity from other markets, but as we are one of the few RHD markets it takes them a lot longer to react to an increase in demand.

Put simply, SEAT UK are a victim of their own success!

Fully agree with this but they still seem to be pricing the lease deals very cheaply and and giving good discounts on new cars, so with supply and demand the logical thing to do would be to increase price to even out supply vs demand.

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon
Scrogg my wording in my post wasn't the best... I meant the dealership said once the car arrived with them it might take a while to get it registered/ready for collection. They can't guarantee it will be straight in and straight out.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Fully agree with this but they still seem to be pricing the lease deals very cheaply and and giving good discounts on new cars, so with supply and demand the logical thing to do would be to increase price to even out supply vs demand.
Except the reality and the concept are never the same. If any manufacturer tries to curb demand by putting up prices/reducing consumer offers customers will just buy something else.

With every manufacturer determined to achieve year-on-year growth and increased market share above all else, even in a diminishing overall market, the ability to supply cars quickly soon becomes far less important than selling them in the first place.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Scrogg my wording in my post wasn't the best... I meant the dealership said once the car arrived with them it might take a while to get it registered/ready for collection. They can't guarantee it will be straight in and straight out.
That's the same everywhere. Trying to make customers understand that just because an actual PDI and valet only takes a few hours it doesn't mean a car can be collected as soon as it arrives at the dealership. Workshops try to run st full capacity, so the cars being prepped today/tomorrow probably arrived last week or even the week before...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise