GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

H8T WP

so what would you change steering weight to for instance? make it lighter or heavier and such? whats the advantages

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The advantage is if its too heavy or light to you. I cant remember which way is which though.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
New version of VAGCOM now available from Ross Tech for download :)

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
2 questions please.

to get the coming home lights to work, or for them to come on when you unklock the car do you have to leave the lights switched to side lights or full?

Secondly, i have activated the emergency brake light thingy but what does that actually do and when - i think i know but please tell me, thanks

H8T WP

2 questions please.

to get the coming home lights to work, or for them to come on when you unklock the car do you have to leave the lights switched to side lights or full?

Secondly, i have activated the emergency brake light thingy but what does that actually do and when - i think i know but please tell me, thanks
hazards flash

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

2 questions please.

Lights need to be left on main beam

Irfan

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
i,m confused now. So what should happen is - i stop the car, lock it and the lights come/stay on for so many seconds. Alternatively, i go to open the car and the lights turn on, regardless of whether iv,e left the switch on or not:headhurt:

craigG

No!! I do not have the Auto lights so I have to leave the lights ON for the feature to work!!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
i,m confused now. So what should happen is - i stop the car, lock it and the lights come/stay on for so many seconds. Alternatively, i go to open the car and the lights turn on, regardless of whether iv,e left the switch on or not:headhurt:

Yes if Coming home and leaving home are enabled. It does it this way in my car, but cant guarantee it would be the same in your, but possibly.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
"Beep when locking/unlocking car (My favourite feature)
This adds a beep when locking the car, and two beeps when unlocknig the car.
Below; horn refers to the beep, and blink refers to the indicators blinking"

I am interested to do with my car but with the equipment I need to pay for the cable and the software?, would it be cheaper if i got a vag dealer to it in wales instead or would there not touch it at all?

VCDS License with Micro-CAN Interface $249.00 In Stock < that comes with the license and cable so thats all i need i fi were to purchase it ?

thanks*

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
"Beep when locking/unlocking car (My favourite feature)
This adds a beep when locking the car, and two beeps when unlocknig the car.
Below; horn refers to the beep, and blink refers to the indicators blinking"

I am interested to do with my car but with the equipment I need to pay for the cable and the software?, would it be cheaper if i got a vag dealer to it in wales instead or would there not touch it at all?

VCDS License with Micro-CAN Interface $249.00 In Stock < that comes with the license and cable so thats all i need i fi were to purchase it ?

thanks*

That $249 Micro-CAN is everything you need to get going, and its worth it :)

Your dealer should be able to do it for a fee, go in and ask :)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I was reading your guide over and over I still wasn't sure how to do the beep unlock well I understood as far with the coding but confused with Bytes when I get the car very soon that is. I will most likley get the kit myself and try it. I can always screenshot where i went if it happens lol....oh bit of a stupid question when it beeps whats it actually sound like? got a sound clip? :whistle: thanks Dan!

k04

hi i have question is there a way i can put the millage of the car lower than the current .
example : my milage is 100000km i want to make it 70000km is there a way i can make it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members