Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

pezmm

I'm thinking along those lines too. Aren't there MOT issues with having to have a working DPF now? My car is a 56 plate but I've heard conflicting things about whether or not the new regs will affect me.

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
as long as DPF can is in place and emissions are good there is nothing to be worry about

Leon-TDI-FR

luckily after reading this post i checked with seat and mine was on the recall list... so in it went to the garage today...might stop stalling in second all the time now :rofl:

Leon-TDI-FR

Update on injectors.... Fixed and no more juddering in 2 nd and its back to its rapido self.... Spent a fortune this month new cambelt and washer bottle full service and injectors dun!! Remap... Next month gna use the guys in portsmouth.... Has anyone used them ? If what they like ?

stato

Hi guys, 12 days I bought an 08 Leon FR WITH 26K on the clock. All seemed ok until yesterday when at first the DPF light came on. So I took it for a run on the motorway to try and clear it but to no avail. Just as I was about to get off the motorway the glow plug/Engine fault sign started flashing at me, then moments later the Emission control light came on then the car lost power. Now it did not cut or lose steering, it just had no acceleration. I pulled over and then started it again (no problem starting) but the all three light were still on.

So I limped home. I have tried to get in touch with the dealer (not a seat dealer) as I have a 2 year parts and labour warranty.

Do you think it is the injector problem? If so will all 4 injectors get replaced?

I'm seriously wondering if I want to keep the car now after reading this thread!

Your help is much appreciated, thanks guys,

Blair

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Dpf light doesn't have much to do with injectors failing really.In your case it's probably one of the dpf sensors gone.
In my A4 it just did cut off with glow plug light on and never started again with old injectors.
Call seat dealer and book it in for recall anyway. I had it done last week in my FR.

Last edited:

jibboom

May 12, 2012
Hey everyone! I've been having a good look through all your various comments / experiences with regards to 'fuel injector' problems as a few weeks ago I acquired a 59 plate Seat Leon FR Tdi 170, and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the following:

@ around 2000 + RPM (in almost any gear) with the drivers side window open there seems to be a constant buzzing noise (which disappears when the clutch is pushed in)

SEAT originally told me this was due to a faulty alternator, but changing this didn't cure the problem and after taking it back they are now saying that this noise is caused by the fuel injectors, and that they are not faulty, just a bit noisier than normal...

I've driven various other Turbo Diesel cars and never come across anything like this...

Has anyone else experienced this??

Many thanks for reading,

jibboom

May 12, 2012
UPDATE:

Hey everyone! I've been having a good look through all your various comments / experiences with regards to 'fuel injector' problems as a few weeks ago I acquired a 59 plate Seat Leon FR Tdi 170, and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the following:

@ around 2000 + RPM (in almost any gear) with the drivers side window open there seems to be a constant buzzing noise (which seems to disappear when the clutch is pushed in)

SEAT originally told me this was due to a faulty alternator, but changing this didn't cure the problem and after taking it back they are now saying that this noise is caused by the fuel injectors, and that they are not faulty, just a bit noisier than normal...??

This sound can be clearly heard standing from the front of the car with the bonnet up around where the alternator / fuel pump is... even with only pressing your foot slightly on the accelerator

I've driven various other Turbo Diesel cars and never come across anything like this... and I'm not trying to be ageist here but from having various people listen to this it seems the younger you are the more apparent the noise is from inside the car (frequency?)

Has anyone else experienced this??? As the sound is pretty damn annoying if you're driving anywhere with the window slightly or fully open...

Many thanks all for reading,

Last edited:

Qamar

Injector Issue

Guys why are you paying them for the injector replacement when they will do it for free as its a comman problem.

Nick G

Injectors all done, no massive difference but seems to pull a bit harder right through the revs now so happy with it, I wasn't really expecting a massive change anyway so all good to be honest.

Waiting to see what's going on but my car has just Died while my wife was driving it, it completely just cut out so not sure what the issue is....

Hoping it may be something simple but if it's an injector problem I won't be happy as above post they were only changed a few months back....

Mattaious

Guys why are you paying them for the injector replacement when they will do it for free as its a comman problem.

Yeh, I randomly got called one day and was asked to bring mine in. They replaced all four "just in case". I didn't really notice a huge difference as the car was performing great anyway. :)

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I'm sure the answer may be already in this 36 page thread but I unfortunately don't have the time to read through it all.

I got the call today to say my 08 FR tdi has been recalled because of the injectors.

I just want to know with replacement is there any sort of setup involved throught the ECU that may interfere with my stage 2 Remap?

Thanks for any info!

Jun 24, 2011
Sheffield
Has anyone else noticed their MPG drop since having recall? I'm only getting around 40mpg at the moment :-( Thinking about EGR delete and remap which hopefully will help?

DJ CHEF

Hello all I got a letter from Seat on Monday this week about this asking me to book my car in!! I did just that and they got me in yesterday! They replaced all 4 injectors and now my car flys whoooooosh I did worry I little as the mpg was showing at 12 constantly! So I reset to 0 and it came back round to 40 odd again... I am a cautious of my cars performance since the change so I will keep you posted if I experience any problems!!

I had mine done at Marshall Seat in Leicester...

Griffyn

Hi I am looking at getting a FR TDI, how can you tell if the issue has been sorted? Is there anything else to look out for?

B1rdy

Jan 30, 2012
North West England
Has anyone else noticed their MPG drop since having recall? I'm only getting around 40mpg at the moment :-( Thinking about EGR delete and remap which hopefully will help?

Mine dropped to 40 Ish and then after a week or two is was back up.....and more. Sitting at 60 on a long run with cruise returns over 60mpg average so it'll get better mate

shane1258

Just had mine in, 4 injectors replaced free of charge, car running a lot smoother, happy days!!
Will keep eye on MPG and report back.

Tim'o'thy

Had my recall letter saturday, Leon DIED on sunday! usual loss of everything and plug light flashing.
first thing on monday called my local SEAT dealer where I purchased the car from. They recovered my car left me with a very Red xreg toledo 1.6 petrol. had the FR back today and all seems well and running maybe a bit smoother(probably in my head) Excellent customer service from SEAT! very happy customer.

reyno555

Had my recall letter saturday, Leon DIED on sunday! usual loss of everything and plug light flashing.
first thing on monday called my local SEAT dealer where I purchased the car from. They recovered my car left me with a very Red xreg toledo 1.6 petrol. had the FR back today and all seems well and running maybe a bit smoother(probably in my head) Excellent customer service from SEAT! very happy customer.

was this still under warranty or did they just do it on the recall?
im in exactly same situation except i have got it towed to dealer, just waiting for the call to see if they will do it or not, had letter last Monday, cut out Thursday.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise