Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Hi

Can people who get goodwill payment from SEAT without having FULL seat service history state where they have done service
I looking now for place for cambelt job but I want to be on safe side just in case ...

Did they only check if garage use orginal parts ?? How can I check if garage is approved by Seat??

Does anyone know good garage in West Midlands who is approved by Seat and resonably priced ??

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Car drives much better now all 4 injectors and wiring loom done, mpg seems better too. Always loved the car until these issues but at least SEAT stepped up to the plate and got them changed.

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
I will start with I'm not making this up!!

On way to Seat for replacement of remaining two injectors which they have agreed to do due to the other two failing and the car packs up on the motorway! So number three failed on route!

Couldn't believe it, at least the parts are waiting in stock!!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I think if you can prove youve used a Service centre that uses Genuine VAG Parts then they let it slide

Ie my car has been serviced once by Seat and Twice by Awesome GTI, Awesome use VAG Parts for the service

If however ive used "Big Bobs backstreet garage" then they would prob say no

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
which garage in West Midlands use genuine VAG or seat(if there is any difference) parts ??

Does anyone got someone inside seat customer service to check what they want to do with all this injectors as this is ,assive issue now

hambo_rambo

I checked with the Independent garage before having a service to ensure they're approved. I know is that there was a delay in getting the goodwill approved because they had to check on the Independent garage, well that's what I was told by Seat.

Bookerman

Had mine approved by SEAT yesterday who are footing the £980 to replace one injector and the wiring loom. My car has full service history for the 80,000 miles covered but only half of that was by a SEAT garage. With the independent garage I have always asked for the service to be in line with what SEAT would do in the service. Supplied service book and all receipts to the garage who then sent copies to SEAT before they approved it. Very satisfied with SEAT customer service on this matter although it has taken them 2 weeks during which I've had to hire a car.

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
03G103184C socket 4off
03G103385A screw 1off
03G130073TX pump 1off
03G971033M harness 1 off

Above is to replace one unit, all now done in our beast so let's hope this saga is behind us.

MatG

Jul 31, 2007
www.astraownersclub.com
Wow I love forums and the power they give people.

My 56plate and on 55k miles FR died again yesterday. Not long out of warranty, serviced 2 weeks ago, bought from and serviced at the same dealership had its second injector go :(

No.1 Injector went november and was covered by warranty, they replaced the loom as well.

Yesterday No.2 gone and they have quoted £960.00 to replace.

I have printed this thread up to date, highlighted all the people that have had it gone, and the information on those that SEAT UK have paid for the work. We are picking up a curtosey car tomorrow and they will not be getting it back until its had all 4 replaced with the new part numbers and loom.

Quite simply they will not be getting the courtesy car back until its sorted. My girlfriend was driving the car and it went luckily out side the school she teaches at, 3 mins later it would have been the M5/M6 intersection by Ikea birmingham - Shocking stuff.

thanks to those that have put up details, I have also submitted to VSOA and I will report back with any information.

Onevernio

Chuffed to bits. SEAT factory agreed to replace the failed injector. After reading this thread I contacted SEAT uk explaining that I was concerned About the safety of the car. Its a 57 plate which has done 60000 miles. I have only had the car serviced once at a SEAT garage but always ensured genuine SEAT parts were used for servicing which I asked for a record off at an independent garage.

I have to say SEAT have brilliant about this and couldnt have been more helpful, my real concern is the number of cases on this thread has nearly doubled in the last week. I feel that they are definitely recognising this as a problem they need to accept responsibility for.

Good luck to you who have recently experienced this problem. Be resilient! And don't take no for an answer!!

Bookerman

‸‸‸‸So you are getting one injector replaced or the 4?

MatG

Jul 31, 2007
www.astraownersclub.com
Im expecting all 4 to be changed and the loom, I think everyone should be the same from now on. especially if they changing so many as a good will gesture. Like many in here I dont myself or the girlfriend driving the car and it dyeing on her in a dangerous situation.

timmo666

Hi, my Jan 07 FR Tdi 170 broke down two weeks ago having only done 28,000 miles.
SEAT dealer has diagnosed injector number one has failed, and SEAT have agreed to replace this and cover 100% of the cost. When I asked about replacing all four they told me they will only replace the faulty one. I then asked what would happen if another or all other injectors failed in the future and was told not to worry and SEAT would be very sympathetic towards covering the cost of them too as I have full dealer service history and low mileage.
This is definitely a common problem now, and more and more people are adding to this thread day by day but it's good to see SEAT doing the right thing and sorting our cars even though most are out of warranty now.
Will update when I get my car back....................

Last edited by a moderator:

Onevernio

‸‸‸‸So you are getting one injector replaced or the 4?

After kicking up a fuss And explaining my safety concerns they have replaced all 4. They couldnt argue when I quoted the people on here that had all 4 replaced.

Craig FR

Apr 1, 2011
In order to get the goodwill contribution do you need the receipts for services or just FSH? I paid top dollar for my FR Tdi on the basis that it has six SEAT dealer stamps but i dont have receipts.

TJMO

Just sold mine. Never had any problems with it but always in the back of my mind was when. Doesnt make for a stress free journey.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members