Installing Joying android head unit.

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I got a question about installing an aftermarket android head unit from joying.
There is a ISO cable included for installing the head unit, only there are two wires called key 1 and key 2, those two wires are key learning wires for the steering wheel control but I don't know how to install it.
On the website they explain something how to connect it but I'm completely new in this so I don't have a clue how it works, hopefully you guys can help me out.

I tried to post the link but I'm not allowed to copy a URL in this post so if you type in on Google : Joying steering wheel control you get a link how to hook up steering wheel controls.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Did you also get the canbus box (whatever that is) mentioned in the article?

It says your head unit will be plug and play with it, but you also need some canbus box to connect your iso cables into.

49232e3aaf2af4c86df383c34fc24cf8.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Did you also get the canbus box (whatever that is) mentioned in the article?

It says your head unit will be plug and play with it, but you also need some canbus box to connect your iso cables into.

49232e3aaf2af4c86df383c34fc24cf8.jpg

Hope this helps.

Well currently I have a pioneer radio installed instead of the standard seat head unit, so there is already a head unit installed connected with ISO so I think yes.. But I'm completely a noob in this.. Sorry for that

ray

Jan 7, 2016
As am I in all honesty, I middle away with these things to get them right so I’m in no way an expert.

I think your old Unit should have plugs that will connect directly into your new head unit. Do you have it all off? Also if your new radio came with an iso plug I don’t think you’ll need it as you can just plug in existing iso lead into the new head unit.

Hope this makes sense, from the sounds of it you should literally just be plugging everything in and being on your way, the only thing I can think that’s causing issues is you maybe already have the newly supplied iso lead in the new head unit, remove that then use the one from the old unit.

Good luck

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for replying again :)

At the moment I have the pioneer avic f960dab and for that I needed a steering wheel control interface from TCP with a special lead cable for pioneer.
The new head unit from joying, the joying JY-UM135P2 has no connection for a lead cable.
So do I have to order a new Can to ISO radio connector or do I just have to plug in the iso adapter or the radio directly on the old installation of the pioneer?

On the website from joying you can find my radio type and they have also a picture from the back of the radio and on Google they also have a wiring diagram from joying, maybe that helps.

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the questions

ray

Jan 7, 2016
From the sounds of it, if the existing cables you have won’t plug into your new head unit then you will need to order the iso can cable that I sent the screenshot of earlier.

Sounds like a bit of a minefield.

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Well I installed the unit en just plugged in the ISO harness but the steering wheel buttons doesn't work, the rest of the radio works fine

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Sounds like you need the cable specifically for that unit, or just live without it, probably worth getting though, if your anything like me it will annoy the life out of you.

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Sounds like you need the cable specifically for that unit, or just live without it, probably worth getting though, if your anything like me it will annoy the life out of you.

I don't know, I sended a e-mail to joying maybe they can give me an advice or what you said live without but I think we are the same because I wanted to get it worked

Or do I have to order the CAN to ISO Without the TCP steering wheel control unit what I used on the pioneer?
The ISO part worked I only don't use the TCP steering wheel interface but I think it doesn't matter, I had contact yesterday with an car audio shop but they said it doesn't matters but I don't know..

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I wouldn’t imagine it matters, but perhaps the communication part from the steering wheel to the unit is being sent to the TCP part that isn’t plugged in? Only if I’m understanding you correct that your old cable plugs in fine but there’s one part not plugged in.

If so, has to be your answer there, at least you’ve tried and not just spent money on a cable you possibly didn’t need.

brinky1990

Jan 12, 2018
Well I tried something haha to make it a bit more easier.. If you go to the website what I wrote down below you see a picture of the interface what I'm using now.
So I just plugged in the ISO cable set what was included with the radio and that small box is only connected on the iso but not on the radio itself.

Makes that my situation a bit more clear?

autoshopdetijger.nl/images/producten/27_1328-600.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members