Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 05-01-2018, 20:26   #1
kennyh

kennyh has 10 points
Dim warning light on temp gauge

Hi I have the red warning light on the temperature gauge glowing very dull even without the ignition being on. At night when the car is locked you can still see the light glowing dim. Today when I started from cold it flashed a few times brightly for a few seconds then went back to a dinner glow. Any ideas what is the problem.
kennyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 15:53   #2
Darbo

Darbo has 10 points
I had a similar issues that developed into the car beeping at me every morning and the light staying on, if you look in your coolant header tank you'll see two metal pins, these get a bit gunked up, get yourself a small piece of sponge or something similar (not tissue, you don't want anything breaking off in the coolant) and some long nose pliers and give the two pins a wipe, that's all I did and it worked for a couple of years, then I had to do it again but it's a few seconds of your time.
Darbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 16:01   #3
kennyh

kennyh has 10 points
Hi Darbo. my light stays on dim even when I disconnect the plug to the header tank. when everything is switched off and car locked it still glows dimly.
kennyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 19:23   #4
Darbo

Darbo has 10 points
That's odd, think you're gonna need an auto electrician there mate, if it's still doing it after you disconnect from the thing is meant to warm you about then it's picking up a live from somewhere it shouldn't be.
Darbo is offline   Reply With Quote