How often to check the oil?

225sport

How often do you guys check your oil?:shrug: Is it daily weekly or monthly?Thanks

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
sorry to be a thread robber... on the topic of oil, i did a full change including filters etc about 4-5k ago... should the oil be real black? or still golden? not used to dervs.

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
I check mine once a month.It hardly uses any oil at all.However i know certain makes/models can use loads,especially when the engine is bedding in.

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
sorry to be a thread robber... on the topic of oil, i did a full change including filters etc about 4-5k ago... should the oil be real black? or still golden? not used to dervs.

Mines goes black almost instantly.Don't know if this is normal or not-hope so!.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
If you find the level goes down then check very often. If it doesnt go down much or at all maybe once a month, what i do is i always have a look under the front as im walking to the front of the car to look for a tell tale sign.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I check mine everytime bonnet is open, so every 2-4 weeks.

Black oil is a sign of it doing its job well, its suspending all the soot in the oil so it doesnt create a barrier between the engine parts and the oil film.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
after a change
next day
day after that
leave 4 2 days
then 5 days ish
then weekly for a month
then monthly

until 5k - 7k miles then do it again

Phantom

I had a diesel Toyota from work and I don't think I ever checked the oil in about 15 or 16 months of custody. Unfortunately it didn't seem to have any negative effect, which is a same because I hated that car.

However, I now need to get back in to the routine of checking my Leon - which I will aim to do roughly every month.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.