03 1.9tdi sport Ibiza EGR

Mar 8, 2007
right used a golf tee, and stuck a brake bleed valve cover over the old hole.

Driven about 15 miles and no cel yet

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
not sure what happened the but my mpg computer showed a noticable decrease compared to usual, when i just unplugged the pipe. I may try it again at some point and see what happens possible bung it with a golf tee this time.
:doh: you can't just leave the pipe open you will loose vac' and suck crap into the rest of the system:ban::)

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Its not mileage its the conditions of running, short journeys made mine come on quicker. It will go out on its own but it will come back on. Long journeys made the light stay off longer
Glynn

strugers1

mine goes on and off when it chooses i glad someone elses oes too lol i did worry a bit!!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Mine only stayed on for 20mins or so, went back off on the way to the car wash. I've now sourced some hose clamps and popped one on, will be interesting to see if the CEL comes on now.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Here's a probable daft question...I haven't actually looked under the engine cover yet, but here goes:

There's a vacuum pipe, yes? That fastens on to the EGR valve (the "metal UFO")? Now, if I disconnect that, I've got an open pipe that I need to block up. If some of you are doing it with screws and golf tees, how do you manage to push the pipe back onto the EGR valve afterwards? Is it a case of forcing your object of choice so far into the pipe that it actually stretches, and the widest part of the blockage is actually inside the pipe rather than just being out the end of it? And if so, isn't that dangerous for the pipe?

if you use a small nail head just larger than the pipe bore, push in head first then just leaving 1/16" sticking out push back on EGR stub, wish i had a quid for each time I explained:headhurt:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
This is what i've put on my vacume hose.

Hoffman%20Laboratory%20Clamp.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise