'problem' on starting

Hirdmeister

When I start my FR Tdi 150 after a long period (overnight etc) and when the car has cooled down, get 3 warning beeps and the light on my temperature guage flashes until i stop the engine when its got some heat into it and then re-start it, no flashing or sounds.

Any idea whats causing this..... and it worth taking to dealers for some warranty action?

Ta

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
When I start my FR Tdi 150 after a long period (overnight etc) and when the car has cooled down, get 3 warning beeps and the light on my temperature guage flashes until i stop the engine when its got some heat into it and then re-start it, no flashing or sounds.

Any idea whats causing this..... and it worth taking to dealers for some warranty action?

Ta

Sounds like a faulty coolant temp sensor - very common problem on VAG's Do a quick searchy and you should find threads with similar symptoms!

Edit: Heres a starter for ten... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156324&highlight=temperature+beeps

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Its not the coolant sensor its the low coolant sensor. Mine does it in winter so I over filled it slightly and that stopped it. Unless of course its beeping due to low level from coolant loss. (They can beep even when the level is correct)
Glynn

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members