'Premium' Diesel and Millers

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I normally use supermarket diesel and millers, but the other week i had to fill up with bp, and stupidly parked at the ultimate diesel pump.

So BP Ultimate+Millers = Smoke!!!

Ive never once had smoke out the back except from then!

Also, am i right in saying that for a full 50 litre tank i put put in two full helpings and then a half?
Do people use millers every tank or...??

Last edited:

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
oww, smoke sounds bad. The millers may have reacted with the BP additives.

If i need to fill up with standard fuel then i add millers, other times i use V-Power.

Your right with the concentration. A full measure is 20mL => 20L of fuel.

I dont think there is any harm in adding a wee bit too much. you kinda guess anyway as its best to add the millers then fill up, once you filled up you know how much millers you should add.

If i think i need 40-50l then i stick in 2 and a half measures. If i think 50+ (read: cutting it close) then ill do 3 measures.

btw, i seen on another forum somebody added millers for a full tank even if they only put in 10L as they thought it went by tank volume... im not going to insult anybody by explaining where they wont wrong there!

Stuart

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
My old Mk1 Leon TDI SE (110) started off on BP Standard, then went to BP Ultimate when it got released. 12m later couldn't justify the cost of BP Ultimate, so went back to BP Standard and my car felt rough. Swapped to Shell Diesel Extra which was better than BP Standard, but still wasn't BP Ultimate. Then found Millers Diesel PowerPlus - that combined with Shell Diesel Extra, was a win-win for me. Migrated to Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 and it got better still :) Tried Shell V-Power with/without Millers DPS4, but didn't see much improvement over the Shell Diesel Extra + Millers DPS4 combination, ran that for 18m

MK2 Leon FR 170. Been running Shell Diesel Extra and Millers DPS4 since new. Tried without Millers once for a tank and the car felt rough no matter how I drove it. I will at some point try Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate just to compare.

My wife's Corsa 1.3CDTI (08 reg) has also been running Shell Diesel Extra and Millers DPS4 since new. The odd time she has filled up at Asda/Tesco in an emergency, the car has felt rough. Again, without Miller's, the car feels very rough.

Overall, I'm very happy with Shell Diesel Extra (and Shell Drivers Club points and money off fuel vouchers) and Millers DPS4. Have converted a number of friends and they are now using Millers. Both in turbo and non-turbo diesels and all (bar one) has noticed a difference, especially in engine noise = better.

Goot :)

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Is there a Petrol (eugh) equivalent to this?

Been raving about it various people and said they should try it but they all run on Petrol tut.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise